• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Should the 1984 team be honored?

Leakfan12

VIP Member
That 1984 Florida Gators team should have been the first championship team (nothing against the 1996 Florida Gators team). Well if the school doesn't, we will. That team was screwed with a capital S. The NCAA punished DURING THE SEASON INSTEAD OF WAITING THE END OF THE YEAR. That had to the first and only time the NCAA HAS DONE THAT. However, the school could have challenge the ruling especially since TWO EX-GATOR COACHES with an axe to grind was apart of the ruling but for whatever reason they didn't. Could someone tell me why? At least make a deal with the NCAA like what the UNLV basketball of the early 1990's did to defend their national title. I agree with Jerry "the Shark" Tarkanian, The Mob has more morals than the NCAA does. Hey, I'm sure the Gators did do some wrongdoing but don't think they deserve that harsh of a penalty especially when Ponzi U can paid over a hundred players and only get a slap on the wrist, are you F--KING KIDDING ME? Back to the 1984 Gators, That team was loaded on offense with QB Kerwin Bell, three RBs who were drafted in the first round in the same backfield, the great wall headed by Lomas Brown, WRs Ricky Nattiel, Ray McDonald (whose son did win a title there), and Frankie Neal, and the defense that posted two shutouts and three future first and second round picks. At a chance to going undefeated but didn't finish against Ponzi U. Oh well here's some highlights.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
That 1984 Florida Gators team should have been the first championship team (nothing against the 1996 Florida Gators team). Well if the school doesn't, we will. That team was screwed with a capital S. The NCAA punished DURING THE SEASON INSTEAD OF WAITING THE END OF THE YEAR. That had to the first and only time the NCAA HAS DONE THAT. However, the school could have challenge the ruling especially since TWO EX-GATOR COACHES with an axe to grind was apart of the ruling but for whatever reason they didn't. Could someone tell me why? At least make a deal with the NCAA like what the UNLV basketball of the early 1990's did to defend their national title. I agree with Jerry "the Shark" Tarkanian, The Mob has more morals than the NCAA does. Hey, I'm sure the Gators did do some wrongdoing but don't think they deserve that harsh of a penalty especially when Ponzi U can paid over a hundred players and only get a slap on the wrist, are you F--KING KIDDING ME? Back to the 1984 Gators, That team was loaded on offense with QB Kerwin Bell, three RBs who were drafted in the first round in the same backfield, the great wall headed by Lomas Brown, WRs Ricky Nattiel, Ray McDonald (whose son did win a title there), and Frankie Neal, and the defense that posted two shutouts and three future first and second round picks. At a chance to going undefeated but didn't finish against Ponzi U. Oh well here's some highlights.

Well argued. Totally agree. We all definitely felt that way at the time--and seeing how those f*cks down south were more recently permitted to slither out of their long years of much-worse infractions with that joke of a "self-punishment", well, there have clearly been different rules for different programs for so long now that, as they say,
"It ain't paranoia when someone really IS out to get ya!".

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I agree. There should be some way to retroactively honor that national championship. Other schools have lesser claims to their national titles--with and without NCAA infractions.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema