• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SEC scenarios: East could clear up, West could be in chaos after this weekend

News Bot

News Bot
After this weekend’s slate of SEC games, we could get a pretty good idea of what games to circle on the schedule as the second half of the season gets underway. Alabama-Texas A&M and Florida-LSU are pivotal games that’ll go along way toward deciding which teams represent the SEC East and SEC West. If Florida, […]
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
If if if...
Look, we'll get into this more tomorrow on the game day thread, but I gotta tell ya, like most Gators I am frankly just completely scrambled when it comes to thinking about this game, how I feel, where our team is at and what "could", or seems "more likely" to happen...in fact, where I was formerly (ie. prior to bout noon Tuesday) considering driving to New Orleans for this one, I ended up shocking colleagues by agreeing to oversee a shoot on Saturday I could have likely gotten out of. I figure I'll be so nervous if its close, or just setting my jaw in resignation if it all goes South, that I now prefer to be busy all day, distracted, grab the early going in bits as I finish working--then know by the time I'm free if its worth watching with full attention, or is by then something I DON'T wanna see! (I'm getting pretty good at watching and even commenting on the fly, while working, thanks to our phones and tablets and whatnot, tho'--so something tells me I'll just be forcing myself to "do it the hard way"--but maybe that's ok, way I can get thru it, no matter what happens...)
Gonna be a tough one, I understand why few give us much of a chance, even agree with most of the reasons--but that was even truer of Ol' Miss, and anyway it's in the reasons for that "most", instead of "all", that our hope lies. Insidious damn "HOPE". Gets me sooner or later, every damn time.

miltongator

Gator Fan
If if if...
Look, we'll get into this more tomorrow on the game day thread, but I gotta tell ya, like most Gators I am frankly just completely scrambled when it comes to thinking about this game, hpw I feel, where pur team is at and what "could", or seems "more likely" to happen...in fact, where I was formerly (ie. prior to bout noon Tuesday) considering driving to New Orleans for this one, I ended up shocking colleagues by agreeing to oversee a shoot on Saturday I could have likely gotten out of. I figure I'll be so nervous if its close, or just setting my jaw in resignation if it all goes South, that I now prefer to be busy all day, distracted, grab the early going in bits as I finish working--then know by the time I'm free if its worth watching with full attention, or is by then something I DON'T wanna see! (I'm getting pretty good at watching and even commenting on the fly, while working, thanks to our phones and tablets and whatnot, tho'--so something tells me I'll just be forcing myself to "do it the hard way"--but maybe that's ok, way I can get thru it, no matter what happens...)
Gonna be a tough one, I understand why few give us much of a chance, even agree with most of the reasons--but that was even truer of Ol' Miss, and anyway it's in the reasons for that "most", instead of "all", that our hope lies. Insidious damn "HOPE". Gets me sooner or later, every damn time.
I believe we would have been far better off if WG had been injured. The team probably would have circled the wagons with that "win one for the Gipper" mentality. In this circumstance, I just don't know how the team will respond. Guess we'll find out soon enough.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I believe we would have been far better off if WG had been injured. The team probably would have circled the wagons with that "win one for the Gipper" mentality. In this circumstance, I just don't know how the team will respond. Guess we'll find out soon enough.
You know, I had exactly the same thought. Now, like you, I'm left wondering HOW they'll respond, as I said.
One thing I am sick of though is the complete dismissal of Treon Harris as a competent "step up/step in" here. He, the team, and above all Mac and his staff have had all week to accept, adjust and plan...and Treon was not only experienced, but has shown flashes of brilliance before now. As far as talent and athletic prowess, he runs better AND has the stronger long-ball arm than WG--he just hadn't really seemed to "snap to" the same consistency in Mac's scheme yet--but he was close, neck'n'neck w/Grier until he let himself and his team down with that ill-timed pot-positive. Which seems pretty light-weight now compared to Will's (albeit the latter a different deal, ironically inadvertent, somewhat "innocent" even, but oh so much more momentous, as it turns out). That's when WG stood up and really began to assert himself a Gator leader and coming star...Given his (Grier's) "better fit" to Mac's preferred offensive scheme, it all kinda seemed "weirdly well-timed". All that's washed away now.
But point is, Treon CAN get it done. Treon is getting the chance he dreamed of, came here and worked hard for, and appeared to have given away...and don't think Mac hasn't stressed his OPPORTUNITY here, for everything he came to UF for, after all.
No one really gives us any chance in Death Valley tomorrow night. That's fine. In fact, given the circumstances, it's the best-case scenario. We do have a very good D. Don't have a buncha screw ups early, weather the starting hyper crowd buzz and generally avoid a 1st qrtr avalanche of bummers and points, make the Big Guy work hard for mostly moderate yardage, and Treon holds his own, whole offense makes some plays, well, who knows? Tall order--but we all are thinking, maybe even secretly in our Gator heart-of-hearts, " How great would it be IF...?"

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema