• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

SEC having a down year?

ilovegators

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel like it's a down year for the SEC? Last year the SEC almost had 3 teams in the Elite 8, and now the SEC hardly has any ranked teams. I know Gator hoops aren't the same without the 04s, but it just feels like all SEC hoops are down.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Does anyone else feel like it's a down year for the SEC? Last year the SEC almost had 3 teams in the Elite 8, and now the SEC hardly has any ranked teams. I know Gator hoops aren't the same without the 04s, but it just feels like all SEC hoops are down.

Everyone (experts included) has been calling this a "down year" in the SEC. And it really is. Tennessee, the supposed "Best team in the SEC", is good, but in my opinion is VASTLY overrated, showing that in already losing to Kentucky (it was an away game). And then we have Vanderbilt. They are a good team. A little Three Point oriented like always but, I mean, if they aren't hitting their threes, they could easily lose. They don't have much of an inside presence, like Tennessee.

Ole Miss is the next team I guess, they are good. But we almost beat them on the road, and if not for a terrible start, we very well may have pulled the upset. They don't impress me much.

And us, I think we could beat any of the teams in the SEC. We have a nice inside presence with Marresse Speights and good perimeter play with Calathes, Lucas, Hodge. Werner is out tough guy that does the dirty work. And we have nice bench players in Tyus, Chandler and Allen. We have a nice team. I really like where our heads are at this point in the season.

Go Gators.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema