The SEC has 10 bowl games this year — 10 bowl eligible, with Missouri declining — with an opportunity to play an 11th if the Tide defeats the Spartans. The SEC team is favored in every matchup, except for my Gators. I can easily see four or five SEC losses here that may have SEC coaches faking heart attacks to go win in the Big 10, but I think the important victory will be the one that sends Alabama back into the national title game. SEC! SEC! SEC!
- Texas Bowl #20 LSU (8-3, 5-3 SEC)(-7) vs. Texas Tech (7-4,4-5 Big 12) 9 p.m., Dec. 29 The Bengal Tigers should win this one easily and show everyone that pre-Alabama swagger, 21-14.
- Birmingham Bowl Auburn (6-6, 2-6 SEC) (-2.5) vs. Memphis (9-3, 5-3 AAC) noon, Dec. 30 Auburn Tigers went from preseason favorite to the dumpster fire, and I expect this AAC team to fan the flames of that fire 35-14.
- Belk Bowl N.C. State (7-5, 3-5 ACC) vs. Miss. State (8-4, 4-4 SEC)(-6.5) 3:30 p.m., Dec. 30 Bulldogs will send Dak Prescott home a big time winner 45-14.
- Music City Bowl Texas A&M (8-4, 4-4 SEC)(-2.5) vs. Louisville (7-5, 5-3) 7 p.m., Dec. 30 Aggies would normally light up a team like this, but with quarterbacks transferring it appears there is something going on that may distract the Aggies. I call an ACC upset, 21-17 Cardinals.
- Cotton Bowl, CFP Semifinals #2 Alabama (12-1, 7-1 SEC)(-9) vs. #3 Michigan State (12-1, 7-1 Big 10) 8 p.m., Dec. 31 Roll Tide! Big Ten fans think the Spartans can upend the mighty SEC, but I think Coach Saban gets the Tide back into the national title game for the umpteenth time in a 35-21 victory.
- Outback Bowl #23 Tennessee (8-4, 5-3 SEC) (-8.5) vs. #13 Northwestern (10-2, 6-2 Big 10) noon, Jan. 1 I am not sure what to make of this Northwestern team, but I do sense an upset. I see a 45-36 shootout win by the Big 10.
- Citrus Bowl #19 Florida (10-3, 7-1 SEC) vs. #14 Michigan (9-3, 6-2 Big 10)(-3.5) 1 p.m., Jan. 1 Wolverines will take advantage of the Gator that has sputtered under Treon Harris since golden boy Will Grier was suspended. Big 10 wins again, 32-9.
- Sugar Bowl #12 Ole Miss (9-3, 6-2 SEC)(-6.5) vs. #16 Oklahoma State (10-2, 6-2 Big 12) 8:30 p.m., Jan. 1 Rebels looked poised to take over the SEC with a win over Alabama before the team fell apart. Look for Ole Miss to get back on track with a 35-32 win in a shootout.
- TaxSlayer Bowl Georgia (9-3,5-3 SEC) (-7) vs. Penn State (7-5, 4-4 Big 10) noon, Jan. 2 Bulldogs suck, but only slightly less than Penn State. Heck, with the coaching changes at Georgia PSU had better win. I wish both teams could lose, but I will call it 14-10 Bulldogs — and I do not care if I am wrong on this one.
- Liberty Bowl Arkansas (7-5, 5-3 SEC) (-11.5) vs. Kansas State (6-6, 3-6 Big 12) 3:20 p.m., Jan. 2 Razorbacks are better than their record and will demolish Kansas State 32-10.
Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.
You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.
Sign Up or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!