• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Reports: Flu may sideline Gator starting QB Will Grier for game vs. Rebels

News Bot

News Bot
Wednesday, Florida confirmed that Will Grier would make his fourth consecutive start at quarterback in the Week 5 game against Ole Miss. Two days later, that status is in doubt. Maybe. Multiple media outlets are reporting Friday evening that Grier is ill battling the flu and may not be available Saturday vs. the Rebels. A […]
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah. Well, there goes whatever "momentum" that come-back-win might have bestowed.
I was thinking that maybe with the possibolity of crazy weather, hey, "ya never know"--I mean, it's cost US often enough over the years. I remember a game against Auburn about 15 yrs ago, we were heavily favored, came in with our QB Grossman very hot, Spurrier had that " Fun'n'Gun" just hummin', but sheets of blowing rain was the great equalizer...we lost the mistake-competition and the game. Was thinking MAYBE it could break our way for a change this time--but a weakened Gator squad, minus Grier, well..
Worst part is this was an opportunity for Will to really solidify his role, even if they lost, long as he played well and we were in it most of the way.
Not that Treon can't get it done--but with nearly half the team in various stages of weakness, dehydration, etc, I'm more or less back where I started regarding my expectations here. Ah well...

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well I'm mixed in this because Grier has the hot hand (keep in mind, he did lead in the comeback). I know Harris does has experience. It's still going to be a difficult game no matter who starts at quarterback.

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema