• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

"Reality" May Be Bearable After All

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not gonna try fooling myself or blow smoke up anyone's butt, BUT--
I DID "warn" one and all (stealing mySELF too, lets face it) about that "reality" bout to bite us last Saturday. For 3 and 1/2 quarters it played out pretty well like most of us feared....then Will Grier seemed to loosen up when he and his mates had just bout nothing left to lose but a game it looked like they'd already bumbled away, started making the throws on 4th and long he COULDN'T MAKE TO SAVE HIS LIFE on ANY down earlier, all game in fact. What that might mean to him, his team, all of US, in the future, well, maybe THIS week's a bit early, among other reasons, to judge...
On the other hand, as a contrarian, well, I also consider myself a realist, but even I'm getting a little sick of how certain EVERYONE is how badly we're about to get steamrolled. Shoot, I was saying the same thing even AFTER the Tennessee game. But now it's gathered momentum as a "done deal" among those very fallible "experts" who get paid a LOT of money for a very low percentage of correct prognostications.
So. Am I suddenly hopeful of a win against Ol' Miss? No, can't go that far.
I don't dare: I'm not gonna set myself up for THAT kind of pain potential. We haven't seen Grier or any other component of this team show anything like consistency or composure throughout a game, from the very start, yet--not even close. But they just showed THEMSELVES what they might be capable of, and MUST be starting to think their coach has a point, begin to at least imagine what playing that way for 60 minutes could accomplish.
Not saying they'll win this thing. Not even saying "They MIGHT...". But I no longer feel its a forgone conclusion we get buried in the 1st quarter, or even the first HALF. They spend this week getting ready, not reading their press and patting themselves on the back, begin to get serious and determined to simply get better, hey, I'm thinking they may not embarrass themselves after all.
That's as far as I'll go, as specific as I can manage, for now. But it means I've come a long way since last week--and we're all hoping that's similarly, even more true of these Gators.

miltongator

Gator Fan
Based on what I saw at the Swamp last Saturday, I think that the calls made by Tennessee's DC played a huge role in the outcome. Why would you rush 3 and defend 8 when you're facing a basically freshman offensive line and QB? Don't get me wrong, I love that he did that, but I'm not thinking we'll see that in those situations again. Meanwhile, we'll need an "insane" game from our D this weekend.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
A upset IS POSSIBLE BUT UNLIKELY. Grier and the rest of the team need their A GAME to beat the Rebs.
Based on what I saw at the Swamp last Saturday, I think that the calls made by Tennessee's DC played a huge role in the outcome. Why would you rush 3 and defend 8 when you're facing a basically freshman offensive line and QB? Don't get me wrong, I love that he did that, but I'm not thinking we'll see that in those situations again. Meanwhile, we'll need an "insane" game from our D this weekend.
Both points well-taken--but I WAS thinking, "If Will Grier throws like that, plays the way he did 4th-and-longs in the 4th quarter when all seemed lost, but does it from the first series ON for a change, well..." Figured we could maybe make a game of it for a half or more, earn some national attention and respect (most of all, show OURSELVES)...
But all that's out the window now I figure:
Word is more'n a third of the team's in some stage of the flu. Geez. Didn't this happen bout the exact same time of the season last year? WTF???
Anyway, can't see the energy drain that entails for days after helping our cause. Worse, it's a ready-made excuse. I'm back to psychologically preparing myself for an early blow out.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema