• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Postgame--Week 7: "Deep Breath, Then Back to Work"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, "the worst" has happened, seemingly: lost our budding star-QB, then lost our first game--but we're still here. And still standing proud.
If this is what we do, how things turn out after that kind of blow, then nearly getting plowed under yet somehow coming back and still in it at the end, well, we are gonna be ok.
Better than "OK".
We can beat UGA, go on and take the East.
There. First time I've said something like that, believed it regarding one of our "powerhouse elite" in-conference opponents in a long time. Certainly this year.
OK--they're not so "powerhouse", maybe, but we aren't so far off from that "elite"--and learned THAT last night: Sure, that runner's a BEAST, but took a Miles-special, a fake kick in the 4th, to beat us. And we still drove the field twice after that, had a drop in the endzone or we take 'em to overtime.
OK OK....Game's over, behind us--but we CAN take some good things from it.
Now Mac & Co. have the "by-" to heal, adapt more fully to the realities and required adjustments, further tweak the "new" offense, get ready for the 'Dogs. All in all, well-timed.
Strangely enough, I am more confident in this team and where its headed, even in our eventual record and prospects for this season than I've been before now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
(One more thing: SICK of Les Miles gettn away with crap like that fake--most of all at our expense! We get the chance at payback next time, we pull something like it on HIM. Even if we're up some few scores late. Even better.
Oh--and in future I promise the following:
(1) Not to even try and do the game-commentary while working--for the sake of everyone I work with AND for y'all (lol--DID get job done, amazingly, if weirdly: logging/monitoring all the footage now, and its all there--and good, actually)
(2) Try and keep it SHORTER, everything, all the way thru', no matter what (kept trying to "catch up"--my own bad habits amplified as a result: I apologize, will try to do better)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Good news is there's a bye week for Harris and the offense. Also Defense work on their tackling.
(laughing) Dark humor (now having the time to "work on tackling" line)--but underlying points are true, important and bode well. The 'Dogs DON'T have a bye-week, do they? Mac and his coaches will have our guys ready, and you KNOW the team itself will go in with just the right balance of determination and confidence: They KNOW they're good enough to win this one, that they really CAN play with anyone, now.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema