• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Postgame Week 11

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, as we all have seen and continue to have thrown in everyone's faces, above all, ya just try to KEEP ON WINNING. And no matter what else we've seen, thought or worried over, our guys have done that. In fact, that may well be the best thing to have come out of this season, when we look back on it later: Mac & Co. have taught this team HOW to win, thru it all--and have begun to build a HABIT of it, maybe.
Don't know how this particular season will play out... We dare not expect or hope for TOO much. But then again, judging by what we've seen, not just with us but all over the college football landscape, week to week this year, you just can't be sure of ANYTHING.
I THINK we have our "surest" win coming up against FAU, but I'm also assuming Mac won't let his team get too comfortable with that assumption. Consequently, I think we'll see Treon for the better part of the 1st half at least--longer if he and the offense don't finally "clear out the cobwebs" and do some serious driving--both on the ground AND in the air. All KINDS of reasons for and benefits in doing so. Gotta be a relief "scrimmaging" against someone besides our D, one of the 2 or 3 best in the nation right now, after all.
After that, well, if it does go that way, THEN maybe we'll get a chance to see what T's "back-up" looks like in there.
Then there'll be T-day Wknd and our overrated rivals cross-state. Here's hoping that "habit of winning" I was going on about serves us well. But even THAT is probably "getting ahead of ourselves", as I'm sure the Coach is warning them about. Lets "get our work in" then this week, boys, come out healthy and move on.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think that Treon will get the entire game to run through some scripted plays. I do not think Josh Grady will get any meaningful snaps unless Florida runs up the score. Three defensive linemen will be rested for the FSU game, so FAU may get some incidental yards.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They better be careful, I know it's FAU but there was Georgia Southern two years ago.
Yes, you're right--but this is a totally different team under Mac. Amazing, isn't it? Same guys, basically, but they WIN. And its not just that--the preparation and focus before, during and after each game is completely different. No major program should hire Muschamp as HEAD Coach EVER again. (But there ARE places like Boston College and the like who, after all, for eg see a guy like Addazio as "an upgrade", so there's that...)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
They better be careful, I know it's FAU but there was Georgia Southern two years ago.

Coach Mac is not Muschump. William Larry Muschamp is a loser because a) his middle name is Larry b) he is a Georgia alumnus and was probably a spy for them and c) did not learn how to be a head coach.

Our biggest danger is that we have three defensive linemen who are sitting out the game due to injury, and the FAU roster is filled with rejects who could not get into UF (such as the younger Driskel brother).

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Coach Mac is not Muschump. William Larry Muschamp is a loser because a) his middle name is Larry b) he is a Georgia alumnus and was probably a spy for them and c) did not learn how to be a head coach.

Our biggest danger is that we have three defensive linemen who are sitting out the game due to injury, and the FAU roster is filled with rejects who could not get into UF (such as the younger Driskel brother).

The gators did beat those dogs last year only passing six times giving his only win in the rivalry and this year giving Harris more wins than Muschump in the rivalry. Also his D sucks in Auburn. Will younger Driskel for the Owls? He does have some starts in his belt.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema