• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Postgame II...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now that we are back to playing "MEANINGFUL games" (as in, "meaningful to US"), I'm thinking these "postgame..." soul-barings (blood-lettings?) will become of necessity a regular, constructive new routine.
So: Main question after this one (and with our general thinness across-the-board, rest of this season at the very least) will be about our general health coming OUT of it, and looking ahead. We lost a couple of our best defenders in the course of that brutal and BRAVE 2ND HALF...Who will we still be missing come Sat. against Vandy? Gardner was back in by the end of the LSU game, making key tackles in the final series--a mad SUPERhero! "Step in and step UP" will be the mantra rest of the season for our D.
You can't fix everything overnight...BUT: This next recruiting cycle will be the most crucial in our modern history. Mullen knows that--lives and BREATHES it! He and his busy, detail-oriented staff/TEAM will get it DONE. Look for "straight A"s--and perhaps a coupla surprises.
One more thing ( @Escambia94, ):
With my heightening focus and awareness of roster details, last coupla weeks I have become aware of "repeating numbers" all over the place; we have a whole BUNCH of guys playing with "duplicate jersey numbers"--and NOT just obscure guys sitting on the bench, either...Often ONE of the "dupes" is a major starter (eg. Franks', and others). What GIVES, E--? Have I just been blind to a common, long standing policy? Is it a matter of, "long as they are split 'tween O and D", so that they aren't ever onfield at same time?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just watched the Tebow "Ring of Honor" speech. Got chills: "...I was born a Gator, lived a Gator. I'll DIE A GATOR. Thankyou, Gator Nation."
Drop mike.
Might well go on MY tombstone TOO.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hesitate to mention it at all here--but where ELSE? And we GOTTA "mention" it:
(1) He COULD croke, I suppose. (And I might walk out my door and get hit by a car...Or we ALL could be destroyed by the ZOMBIE APOCALYPSE.)
(2) More to the point:
We've seen it all before.
I'm referring to Urban Meyer's very public "headache"/kneeldown/near "collapse" at the end of their game on Saturday...
Just enough to go for some "sympathy", get the "outsiders" (everyone outside of Columbus, basically) off his back...
Now, as I noted, we Gators KNOW something about all this: We have been "snowed" by this "Dramaqueen" routine ourselves... The man is shameless, too: Will use his family, wife and daughter's no doubt very REAL emotional displays to manipulate anyone, everyone (Remember?--"I get my daddy back!"...Then after waffling it all into what turned out to be a full-paid "year off", ADDAZIO-the-Dazed our defacto Coach while the monster Meyers'd created in our locker room ate at the heart, soul and foundation of what had been a wildly successful program, long built over the years, DECADES before he GOT there and road it high, then right into the ground, then he gets himself "kicked upstairs", supposedly "for the sake of his health" and "still representing the team and program"...but from his office IN OUR ATHLETIC DEPARTMENT meanwhile negotiates his next "dream job" (and CONTRACT there)--at the same time engineering an ultimately partially-successful move to take the cream of our prospective GATOR recruits WITH him! Reprehensible--but "normal modus operendi" for this sociopath. And note: Using family, compromising THEIR integrity by implicitly enlisting their participation in whatever lies are required to support and preserve his reputation (not to mention the source of the family's ongoing financial windfall) is NOT a new thing with Urban OR his family.
So my position (a la The Who) is, "Won't get fooled again!"...Unless he were to actually DIE from a cerebral hemorage (and trust me, no WAY I would joke insensitively that way if I thought there were really the SLIGHTEST chance of that--ANYTHING but Urban Meyers' conveniently dramatic play for sympathy and obfuscation. He is setting up his "OUT" now--if new shit surfaces or his usual house-of-cards world otherwise begins to cave in ANY way, this will all suddenly "turn out to be serious after all": Which takes us back to the TOP of this cynical tirade:
WE HAVE SEEN IT ALL BEFORE.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The Gators a more obvious situation with duplicate jersey numbers this year for two reasons: more starters are playing on special teams (offensive and defensive starters), and more players are being shifted to cover for injuries. Here are some notable duplicates:
  • 13. QB Feliepe Franks and FS Donovan Stiner
  • 4. WR Kadarius Toney and DB David Reese (also jersey #33 as a linebacker)
  • 12. WR Van Jefferson and CB/STAR CJ McWilliams
There are quite a few more duplicates, but not with starters.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Meyer should have been at home not at the game but his bosses looked the other way and let him coach (well granted there was a three-game suspension but that was a joke). How's the stress Urb? Back to the Gators, only Georgia is the toughest team they face because they have Vandy on the road (OK that could be a trap game), after Georgia three straight home games, and the SOW in Tally Hally.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Meyer should have been at home not at the game but his bosses looked the other way and let him coach (well granted there was a three-game suspension but that was a joke). How's the stress Urb? Back to the Gators, only Georgia is the toughest team they face because they have Vandy on the road (OK that could be a trap game), after Georgia three straight home games, and the SOW in Tally Hally.
Can't help but agree on every point, Lf. But for all his shameless smokescreening, the man CAN'T really hack facing the CONSEQUENCES of his actions, if and when they (finally) manage to confront him publicly. And it happens often enough that by now he is setting up his "slippery-guy Escape Plan" whenEVER signs arise of their possible approach once more: "Oh. Oh. My head!"...and kneel down on field ON CAMERA FOR EVERY SPORTS SHOW IN AMERICA. He IS feeling the heat; seems a little out of proportion to the current situation, doncha think? Get the feeling maybe he's afraid there's MORE about to come out? Or maybe he is just kneejerk paranoid...
No matter what, whether real or imagined, I suspect his next "Pity me"-exit is in the wind now after all.
Good riddance. Except it never really IS, is it? So: what do we suppose is his NEXT stop--at least in his heart-of-hearts? You know he is named after a pope, right? That the place he had an "out" written into his GATOR contract for was the Head Coaching job at Notre Dame? Perhaps he is delusional, but my guess would be that even after ANOTHER fake-sick/quiet slide-OUT (this time out of the OSU job) he at least THINKS he'll eventually end up THERE.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And ONE MORE subject that DEFINITELY belongs on a "postgame"-thread:
After 7 weeks and all the bs, culminating in head-to-head competition that should have at LEAST settled THIS one thing, more evidense instead that "the experts" are ANYTHING but that:
As of this afternoon, and our Reptiles making a BIG jump 8 spots to #14 in the "Top 25", somehow that still leaves us 1 spot behind (wait for it) LSU, the very (overrated) team we just BEAT!
YEP. I mean, you'd think there'd have been SOME mechanism to override whatever tangled mess of calculations arrived at that conclusion...say maybe, "Oops--How bout we flip those two, eh?"

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I would not worry about being ranked under LSU. They still have the following ranked teams to play: Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi State, and aTm. If they win 3/4 of those, then they deserve their ranking. More than likely they will lose 2 of those.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I would not worry about being ranked under LSU. They still have the following ranked teams to play: Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi State, and aTm. If they win 3/4 of those, then they deserve their ranking. More than likely they will lose 2 of those.
Oh, I'm not "worried" about it--in fact, just to be clear: I am not and WILL not be worrying about GATOR rankings (either alone OR in relation to any OTHER team) the rest of this season. We are in the first year of rebuilding a CHAMPIONSHIP Program. This one's about progress and positioning--for recruiting and NEXT season's run (yes, we have come that far that fast: this ISN'T "transition time" anymore...We are now into getting ready for The Run, once folks are circling us on their calendars, EXPECTING a battle, every one a "Big Game").
No, the part that bugged me was simply the obvious STUPIDITY of these people that are given the responsibility of "setting the stage" that all our programs must perform on. I mean, this one didn't NEED high math: IT WAS STARING THEM IN THE FACE. Just a clear sign how "confused" (nicest word I could come up with) these folks have to be to let it pass, once it was there on paper in front of them. And a bad sign--both for how things are being done, and worse: how they'll CONTINUE to be done. Who oversees the "OVERSEERS"???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And ONE MORE subject that DEFINITELY belongs on a "postgame"-thread:
After 7 weeks and all the bs, culminating in head-to-head competition that should have at LEAST settled THIS one thing, more evidense instead that "the experts" are ANYTHING but that:
As of this afternoon, and our Reptiles making a BIG jump 8 spots to #14 in the "Top 25", somehow that still leaves us 1 spot behind (wait for it) LSU, the very (overrated) team we just BEAT!
YEP. I mean, you'd think there'd have been SOME mechanism to override whatever tangled mess of calculations arrived at that conclusion...say maybe, "Oops--How bout we flip those two, eh?"
I know, I know--"replying" to MYSELF is, well, "WEIRD", maybe? However: I forgot this was pending, but just witnessed it on today's "College Football Live": SS egging Les Miles on, the wager-loser having to don one of Spurrier's trademark Gator vizors...and aside from giving me a good laugh (a bit canned and corny--but the grudging surrender and Miles' ensuing lets-get-this-OVER-with "done--and CUT!" performance was definitely real), I think it makes a nice answer to the supposed "don't-mean-NUTHIN'" rankings.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema