• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Parenthetical: About our FORMER Coach...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't know where else to put this, so I guess it gets its OWN thread:
Don't look now, but Urban Meyer is 17-and-0 as the Buckeye Coach...I HATE it, KNOW it means an inevitable near-canonization ahead (continues?) on the part of the media (ESPN in particular, leading the charge)--but we all know, can COUNT on the eventual crash, the crisis/snap/failure/collapse cycle that will eventually ensue...and I CAN'T WAIT. Call me petty and bitter, but he sold our future for the sake of his OWN image and self-promotion, lied about everything and got out just ahead of the consequences--but only AFTER spending as much time and effort possible exploiting his trusted status and unhindered access raiding our recruiting lists, and negotiating his new job and contract, from his prime office in the heart of our Athletic Dept.--the one J. Foley bestowed upon him, AFTER his resignation, for "being a great and loyal, lifelong Gator." There HAS to be a reckoning at some point, in my view.
OK--just wanted to get all that off my chest. To those with bigger, more tolerant hearts than mine, "Sorry: Can't always take the high road."

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
I don't know where else to put this, so I guess it gets its OWN thread:
Don't look now, but Urban Meyer is 17-and-0 as the Buckeye Coach...I HATE it, KNOW it means an inevitable near-canonization ahead (continues?) on the part of the media (ESPN in particular, leading the charge)--but we all know, can COUNT on the eventual crash, the crisis/snap/failure/collapse cycle that will eventually ensue...and I CAN'T WAIT. Call me petty and bitter, but he sold our future for the sake of his OWN image and self-promotion, lied about everything and got out just ahead of the consequences--but only AFTER spending as much time and effort possible exploiting his trusted status and unhindered access raiding our recruiting lists, and negotiating his new job and contract, from his prime office in the heart of our Athletic Dept.--the one J. Foley bestowed upon him, AFTER his resignation, for "being a great and loyal, lifelong Gator." There HAS to be a reckoning at some point, in my view.
OK--just wanted to get all that off my chest. To those with bigger, more tolerant hearts than mine, "Sorry: Can't always take the high road."
While a decent coach - he is not a favorite of mine - especially after how he treated the Gator Nation. Gator for life my a**

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey, things come around--and the manner in which you betray those that trusted you on your way "there" often mark your eventual downfall. I offer Lane Kiffen's demise at USC, and the "classy" way in which it was done (from a normally classy guy, Pat Hayden, too), as just the latest example.

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
Kiffin - I like the polite way Pat Haden said your services are no longer needed at USC - AKA you are fired Dweeb

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema