• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

One system stays, another goes

News Bot

News Bot
At a press conference Wednesday where Will Muschamp formally announced that Brent Pease was his new offensive coordinator, the Florida coach also took the time to talk about his new strength and conditioning coordinator, Jeff Dillman, whom he hired last week.
With Pease, the Florida offense will not be much different schematically than it was under Charlie Weis. But the strength program under Dillman is going to be much different than it was under Mickey Marotti. There’s going to be a different philosophy in the weight room, Muschamp said.
“He brings a lot of passion and energy and great expertise in the weight room. We’re going to go to more of an Olympic-style lifting, what I was exposed to at LSU, so I’m very excited about what he brings to the table,” Muschamp said.
A few years ago, Urban Meyer told Marotti to make the Gators the fastest team in the nation. Muschamp wants Dillman to make the Gators the fastest — and the strongest. There will be a lot more power-lifting under Dillman.
“I’m really excited about Jeff,” Muschamp said. “We were together at LSU, won a national championship together. He left and went to Appalachian State for three years and won two national championships in ‘06 and ‘07. Jerry Moore (the coach at Appalachian State), a man that I’ve got tremendous respect for, I called.
“I already knew Jeff and knew what I was getting and I asked him about Jeff, and he had nothing but good things to say. He’s been working at IMG, preparing a lot of guys for the NFL Draft. And then the NFL players that are coming back and training underneath him. He brings a lot of passion.”
Whether he’s talking about Dillman or Pease, you can tell Muschamp is excited about both new coaches and what they bring to the program. And he’s clearly pumped about the future of the program, maybe more now than when he took the job a little more than a year ago.
Muschamp and the Gators have some momentum to carry into the offseason.

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I've got this feeling that an important corner has been turned, somehow, these past couple of weeks--and that the next milestone, Nat'l Signing Day, will only further underline that impression. For one thing, this is finally feeling like one TEAM; everyone, among coaches, players and fans, are feeling it, too. The last time it felt ANYTHING like this was in between '05 and '06--and you know how things went subsequent to THAT! This time, I'm hoping it can be fed and sustained for some years to come (with that Meyer-built organization, it was already fragmenting, and eventually breaking down, even as we continued to have all that talent and success for a season or two beyond its clear-in-retrospect deterioration).

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema