• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

OGT 2023 Week 9: World's Largest Outdoor Cocktail Party 10/28/2023

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, we were never gonna have a CHANCE here without at least a coupla turnovers anyway.
That last failed series on offense then surrender on defense may well be the end right here, at least for this year. (AND by the way--thar was Sehar, who twisted his knee on tge messed up turf during pregame warmups, now wearing a thick bracelet, who couldn't keep up with the receiver who ended up scoring there to take the lead. So it goes (--badly, for us.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's all going bad now...face mask on US!
I may have to leave the room soon. This is turning sour in a hurry now...on BOTH sides of the ball!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gotta say: We came to play...Which makes all the mounting foul-ups all the more frustrating.
But let's face it: THAT'S who we ARE now.
We've already done enough to get behind in a game that if we had played CLEAN WE'D be ahead now!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
When the play us THIS close it HAS to be the call on the field. This was stupid.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
@Escambia94, @Leakfan12,
Just back long enough to say that you both were spared exactly the kind of loss we just DIDN'T need OR deserve...
We come out strong, drove the field, gave up a quick long drive in response but tightened up in the red done, held them to 3, were immediately back to driving down the fieid on our next possession when we hit a patch of bad calls (officials took it upon THEMSELVES to shut down our drive, in my view)--but then proceeded to make one dumb mistake after another--on BOTH side of the ball! Next thing you know, it was 17-7 UGA early 2nd quarter: Writing was on the wall, and that's where I cut OUT of here.
Things were plenty bad already and I could SEE where it was headed. We had had a CHANCE here, but we let it get away from us WAY too quickly, way too EASILY: It will be a real struggle just finding ourselves ONE MORE WIN the rest of the way, let alone a second to give us a "winning record".
Personally, I plan to step back and at least TRY to take a mainly "objectively unemotional approach". That's my intention, regardless--one that presumably will help to keep me sane.
They had the right idea for this one--some throws of the dice, trick plays, flamboyant strategy...just a certain air of desperation: more "panic" than "fun" as it turned out.
I hope they don't eschew such choices in the future merely because they didn't work here; the time WILL come when we well may NEED that kind of "crazy fun and flexibility" in order to break through in a tight one where things are otherwise "neck and neck"...There was a point in the mid-first quarter when that seemed to be potentially where this one was headed--but then things turned and where THEY responded WELL, we responded POORLY.
And that was THAT. Shortly after that the 1st was over, we were behind and floundering, and I was saying my "fair-thee-wells"!
I haven't tuned back into the game since (I imagine it's over--or close), and am here now only to further highlight "the gist of all you missed".
Yikes! Another example of "not the RESULT so much as the MANNER IN WHICH IT DEVELOPED AND OCCURRED!"
Back to all the "Fire this Coach!" Bs for many, while the rest of us just hunker down and hope that he and his staff can just stay hot and hungry on the recruiting trail, bring in these next couple of top classes and GOD HELP US: WIN some GAMES somehow--a couple more THIS season, and in general BEGIN to show some consistent dominance the NEXT.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Late summary:
UGAUF
1st Downs2316
3rd down efficiency6-124-11
4th down efficiency1-10-2
Total Yards486339
Passing315230
Comp-Att19-2825-34
Yards per pass11.36.8
Interceptions thrown00