• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 7: #14 Florida Gators 37, Vanderbilt Commodores 27, October 13, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We suck today.
And NONE of the breaks our way.
We are gonna lose this one TODAY, my friends...all on Franks, too. Gods, when he is off, he is just about tge worst I've seen!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This really IS "last year's Gators"--and worst of all, "last year's Franks".
Can our D stop the bleeding? Does Mullens yank Franks and come up with some crazy plan to change the game with T
yeah lets get a td here and we will be fine I think
Love your positivity. Unfortunately, we don't come back from double-digit deficits...and we have neither the scheme NOR the QB to do it here. And lets face it, they did THIS to themselves. I don't think this team can do it--not the way they are playing here today, for SURE. IF this were a closer game, where the D had shown up even with all the mistakes by the offense I'd be more hopeful--but with the officials calling a completely inconsistent game slanted AGAINST us too...Now its either a TD or almost another fumble? Then they TAKE away a TD to call a belated "replay"...Touchdown.
Is it enough, something to work with in the 2nd half? Their best guy on offense (who was KILLING US) is still out...We HAVE been driving (and giving the ball away, again and again)...and our D hasn't stopped them YET! I don't know: The "story", and lesson so far is one about "growing up" and getting used to success...Now: IF we could somehow drive down HERE, AT LEAST get some points here...but no--another flag against us. Lots of dumbass moves by our guys here today. EVERYTHING has gone against us here--but we are blowing it in every way you can blow it here today.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Franks is so bad can we really not do better?
Franks has turned the ball over too much and we have a bye week next week. Stick Kyle Trask in, but make no promises. Let them fight it out again next week in practice after this loss.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now we're down two more guys--including our starting Middle LB Joseph...so the D is even MORE hamstrung.
This Gator team must look into mirror: They are hurt, angry...But they did this TO THEMSELVES. Even that "2nd Personal Foul" on Joseph was "on the whole team"--and THAT'S where Josrph caught his "throw out"...now, ALMOST a TD for us at end: fg for 3? Or try taking a shot first? Throw to endzone? If Franks can't get it done--you just take the free 3?

gatorpack

Gator Fan
This really IS "last year's Gators"--and worst of all, "last year's Franks".
Can our D stop the bleeding? Does Mullens yank Franks and come up with some crazy plan to change the game with T

Love your positivity. Unfortunately, we don't come back from double-digit deficits...and we have neither the scheme NOR the QB to do it here. And lets face it, they did THIS to themselves. I don't think this team can do it--not the way they are playing here today, for SURE. IF this were a closer game, where the D had shown up even with all the mistakes by the offense I'd be more hopeful--but with the officials calling a completely inconsistent game slanted AGAINST us too...Now its either a TD or almost another fumble? Then they TAKE away a TD to call a belated "replay"...Touchdown.
Is it enough, something to work with in the 2nd half? Their best guy on offense (who was KILLING US) is still out...We HAVE been driving (and giving the ball away, again and again)...and our D hasn't stopped them YET! I don't know: The "story", and lesson so far is one about "growing up" and getting used to success...Now: IF we could somehow drive down HERE, AT LEAST get some points here...but no--another flag against us. Lots of dumbass moves by our guys here today. EVERYTHING has gone against us here--but we are blowing it in every way you can blow it here today.
How about down 8 feel any better? They can do it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes--another crap throw by Franks (he had no chance--didn't even try). Look, "FRANKLY" (not so funny, I know), I am DONE with Franks: If he really IS the best we got right now, then Mullens really WAS "doing it with smoke and mirrors", and we can EXPECT days like these at least a coupla times a year, where he single-handedly does all he can to give the game away...Well, I'm afraid I'll have to start thinking about writing off NEXT year along with this one if we can't replace him by then. Of course, seeing our D reverting to 2017, Mac-era lack-of-technique and discipline has been the real disappointment: We KNEW that Franks had been so far the beneficiary of Mullens' shrewd coaching and gameplanning--but I thought our D was generally the real thing, thin but rounding into form as long as they are healthy. Oof. Wrong.
So what now? We somehow are just down 8... Can we turn this around after all? Can the D do enough of what it has done most of the rest of the season? Can Franks just stay outta his own way out there, not give any MORE away? I don't know--but we are thinner than ever, off our game, the officiating has been horrendously inconsistent--and NOT in our favor.
It is ALL on the D now: They don't just have to STOP them, but they and/or special teams will likely have to go out and GET POINTS for is to have ANY chance here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
How about down 8 feel any better? They can do it.
LAST thing I wanna do is argue AGAINST your optimism, gp! I hope to HELL it turns out well: But it requires a turn aroubd of MASSIVE size in the 2nd half: Not just in performance EVERYWHERE ON THE FIELD, BOTH SIDES OF THE BALL--But even more so in our heads and HEARTS. BAD as we have looked since that first trip inside their 5 yd line back at the start, THAT is how GOOD we will have to be from here on out. Be really great to see--but a real upward climb.
Not a good start.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Here we go. The wrong way.
No, this is exactly what we didn't need.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks still looking bad.
I think they made a poor decision not lutting Trask in there. Now they get the short field again.
Time RIGHT NOW for a turnover from our D...If it's gonna happen, has to start SOON.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I guess I must settle back, see what happens now. There is little time left if we are to come back. WTF??? Steiner never even TRIED to turn around...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No, gp--THIS Gator squad, TODAY'S edition, is not getting it done--amd if it was gonna happen, it HAD TO BE THE D, NOW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema