• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 7: #14 Florida Gators 37, Vanderbilt Commodores 27, October 13, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Crap. Florida defense is lazy. David Reese is not awake.
Wouldn't have been so bad if we had held 'em after the INT. But you are right: Defense has come in here flat as they've looked all year. Gotta bad feeling about all this: we are bout to be down a TD to a team that currently and SUDDENLY is out playing us.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The defense came out flat-footed and lethargic, and they are trying to flip the defense against a tempo offense.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Jordan Scarlett must be injured. Perine with the swing pass to the perimeter for the first down.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our "vaunted D" gives up a 92 yard drive in response to the offense's failure to finish what had been a nice drive?
Well, now is where we fi d out what kind of team this REALLY is: Either our offense goes out there, reestablishes what it had going at first, rests the (frighteningly) TIRED D while driving the field and getting this thing undercontrol NOW.
It ISN'T the INT that is the most disappointing thing that ensued there--but the fact that the D did NOTHING in response to the TD being called back, lettimg them drive the field on us.
Can they "flip the switch". History of this particular "team", these guys reverting to MAC-era form is the real "bad sign". And now whole GAME, both sides of ball looking different than earlier.
I don't know, guys: We just don't look like the team we've been watching last few weeks...FORGET NEXT WEEK! Gonna have to wake up and SLOWLY get back INTO this one. I'm telling you: They HAVE to go for it here: it is go for it or lose. Whew! Almost didn't make that.
Commodores WANT this one BAD--and at this point are FEELING it: PULL OUT ALL THE STOPS, COACH! Season is on the line, right here, right NOW.
WIN this one, some way, someHOW..??Then take what we get NEXT week. THAT we can live with... But come in here and LOSE another one we "SHOULDA" won, and a "good year" suddenly turns downward, and the "spotlight" moves on.
Is Scarlett hurt? He hasn't been back since first drive. And we NEED him. Perrine is good--but our secret on the ground has been a fresh "2-headed monster" in the 4th quarter.
Geez--when were they gonna blow the whistle there?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks went wrong way there--had TD inside. GOTTA get the TD here...Then we find out if that 92 yard drive was an anomaly for a D not quite ready to play (and now responds with an embarrassed sense of URGENCY), or if a now aroused Commodore offense believes it is better than us and does it AGAIN.
You want this one, Gators? Get it in, then SHUT 'EM DOWN! D needs to turn this around.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Too obvious. Now we fail again inside the red zone. This one looks like a Gator "Flunking Grade all around."
More than ever, up to the D.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Again: Last year's Gators. Who sucked, let's face it. Who knew they were lurking just below the surface? Mullens did, I'm thinking. Bad, BAD time to let 'em out--but in retrospect, kinda predictable, now that it is happening.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Switching to beer...
I gotta go to work in a coupla hours--or I'd be joimg ya for sure. We are NOT "bouncing back" here--not after seeing us come outta drives deep with just 3 points, having THEM pinned back after each but then giving up yards n yards all over tge place. Now it's on the OFFENSE--and that isn't a good thing on Franks' best days...and this ain't his, or apparently any OTHER Gator's "best day". We can't score, and we can't stop them...So: Do we now "finish like LAST season"??? I was starting to think we'd lose to UGA and maybe no one ELSE! SIGH...Sorry, brother Gators--I knew we COULD look this bad, but thought total, across-the-board breakdowns were behind us. And now the "hole of mediocrity" at the QB position really stands out. Franks cannot carry a team. He WILL NOT bring us back here. Doubt Mullens would do if I think you have to consider a QB change.
Now tertible call against us. They HAND them a first down. Oh, it is ALL going against us now.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah, last week turns out to be our Season High Water Mark. I can't watch too much more of this: Our O can't offend and our D can't defend--and now we are getting Gator-called by seeing-eye dog officials.
Seen too many of these last 9 years or so --and the "bad ol'dayz" that they have (sadly) reminded me of.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nother flag. If that super-fast guy that has been ripping through us is out for the game, maybe we can get back IN this.
They are getting all the breaks, but suddenly are dropping balls, etc.
One big play. There goes Swane! Only he has to SCORE there--I don't have ANY confidence in Franks today...There AGAIN--HE ALMOST THROWS THE PICK 6!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
WE have GOT to get a TD right now. Pitts drops easy catch, right through his hands.
Now a hold flag. Geez, we look like SHIT, all over tbe field.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema