• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 4: Florida Gators 47 at Tennessee Volunteers 21, September 22, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Please. That clock is going too slow.
If/when they do score here, WE need to at least TRY to answer.
I think it is very important that we show life on offense now. (Stupid ass "make-up call" against us--1st and goal).
Gotta start seeing wharmt we got for NEXT week, against MSU.
Our D CONTINUES to proudly do the job, despite everything. And now, finally, there's the TD from the Vols.
The offense has to do SOMETHING now.
If we have to sweat out the whole 4th qtr, I'm gonna be severely PISSED--How bout y'all?!!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I agree that was not targeting, but I guarantee Florida would have been flagged for targeting in the same situation.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well, finally made it to the 4th qtr.
One long drive can put this away, turn the page, move on. And reaffirm the mostly good things we can TAKE from this one.
But our D is TIRED, and without that drive we are still vulnerable here; Even WITH it, all it does, besides put game away, is show a lot that we may begin to rightly doubt about our QB and this offense.
They, and ONLY their unit, has been the weak sister out there tonight --D and Special Teams were outstanding, GAVE the offense their relatively easy shots at scoring at all. To their credit, they more often FINISHED things.
And THERE is the nice throw for a TD to Cleveland! Ran off some clock, took a big shot to his head, then threw a STRIKE for TD. Now THAT is why Franks was made the starter...that whole offensive series.
Ahhh. I will now officially release us all to feel ok, docwhatever wexeach do to celebrate a good win. (Me, I have this bottle of 25 year old, single barrel Jack Daniels Bourbon Whiskey I think I'll pour a shot of--one for all of ya, in "spirit" at least (yuk yuk)...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And as I come up for air and look around outside of our game, I see sone surprisingly weird shit goin' on:
Kentucky beating MSU late?
ARMY TAKING OKLAHOMA TO OVERTIME???
This'll be a fun Gameday Final night...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Have a great night , fellow reptiles!
I know it's still early, and I'll be monitoring your further comments here, ready able and MORE than willing to jump back in, respond and discuss--but I'M a bit worn out too, and am gonna lay back from here, watch the rest but kep an eye on sone ogmf this other crazy stuff too....

awebbf5

VIP Member
Hey guys I got to watch the first half on the airplane, what I saw we looked pretty good. Today was great we beat the vols and I was honored to be my dads guardian on a honor flight to Washington DC. Got to assist many world war 2 , Korean, and vietnam veterans on seeing monuments dedicated to them.
My dad meeting Bob Dole today at the world war 2 memorial.
Resized_20180922_140504(0)_5737.jpeg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey guys I got to watch the first half on the airplane, what I saw we looked pretty good. Today was great we beat the vols and I was honored to be my dads guardian on a honor flight to Washington DC. Got to assist many world war 2 , Korean, and vietnam veterans on seeing monuments dedicated to them.
My dad meeting Bob Dole today at the world war 2 memorial. View attachment 374
Congrats to your dad--and to YOU on what musta been a proud and wonderful day.

Escambia94

Florida 47, Tennessee 21
1st Downs 14 18
3rd down efficiency 3-11 8-17
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-2
Total Yards 387 363
Passing 186 207
Comp-Att 10-19 10-25
Yards per pass 9.8 8.3
Interceptions thrown 0 2
Rushing 201 156
Rushing Attempts 34 54
Yards per rush 5.9 2.9
Penalties 10-77 6-58
Turnovers 1 6
Fumbles lost 1 4
Interceptions thrown 0 2
Possession 25:43 34:25

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Good win (Should I said Great win?) but I'm worried against MSU. They lost to Kentucky as well. They're going to be mad plus they want to stick to Mullen.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
These announcers are complete idiots.
Yes--but they ALL just mouth from a "me too!" repertoire of "hype the accepted wisdom" to begin with...Then for now WE get the 4th string crew over here on ESPNgoogol, too...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Florida 47, Tennessee 21
1st Downs 14 18
3rd down efficiency 3-11 8-17
4th down efficiency 0-0 0-2
Total Yards 387 363
Passing 186 207
Comp-Att 10-19 10-25
Yards per pass 9.8 8.3
Interceptions thrown 0 2
Rushing 201 156
Rushing Attempts 34 54
Yards per rush 5.9 2.9
Penalties 10-77 6-58
Turnovers 1 6
Fumbles lost 1 4
Interceptions thrown 0 2
Possession 25:43 34:25
Certainly NOT a banner day for our offense--aptly deliniated in these stats. Gotta give Franks belated props for wayche rose to the occasion, delivered the dagger late.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Am watching the replay already now (late Sat night), and gotta admit, Franks and the offense did do all they needed to do, cashed IN the stirling opportunities early in the game (NOT always the case in NCAA; not at ALL the case often enough with US), and then did everything they needed to do to put it away late. But as Mullens made SURE to note coming off the field, "All the big plays, they're great--but what I wanna see is greater consistency: That is MUCH MORE my concern and the kind of team we need to be..." He didn't like what HE saw overall either--and you KNOW that'll be the focus of all the work this coming week. It's a manifestation of a LOT of small letdowns requiring a WHOLE lot of different corrections and improvements...but if he and his coaches can somehow manage to oversee a significant overall improvement of the EFFECT of THESE breakdowns in a more consistent offensive flow between this game and next, as they have seemed to manage in multiple areas over the course of preceeding weeks, we WILL have a better shot at beating a somewhat exposed-by-Kentucky MSU team, whom we face next, than I was thinking we had any business considering we had BEFORE the gameday just passed. We have a pretty good running game, and if Franks can manage to run this offense with the consistency shown on his BEST days so far, I am less pessimistic at the potential outcome, at the very least.
Good win (Should I said Great win?) but I'm worried against MSU. They lost to Kentucky as well. They're going to be mad plus they want to stick to Mullen.
Certainly the D deserves kudos--THEY deserve that "great win!" sobrique for SURE! And though it came later, Franks and the offense eventually held up THEIR end of things (as I note also down here, postgame...)...I don't worry so much about them "being mad", btw: I'm getting the idea our "calm and composed" Head Coach's teams will tend to reflect his demeanor and attitude--Come the "Mullens Bowl", any emotional angles like his past association (deep as it might feel to his former players) AND anger/frustration/embarrassment at an unexpected loss he'll view as potential pitfalls for THEM--and opportunities for THIS team to exploit, and another "chance to teach, learn, advance: Mullens' teams (now meaning, "US") tend to embody his attitude, approach and general personality...while his influence is no doubt still felt over there, he's OUR Coach now--they will try to "SHOW" him, but HE knows how to BEAT them--starting in their heads and hearts, so whatever motivations they may reach for from inside, Coach may also at least theoretically be able to reach in and turn that around on them. That's a "chess game" I think he welcomes.

Escambia94

Yes--but they ALL just mouth from a "me too!" repertoire of "hype the accepted wisdom" to begin with...Then for now WE get the 4th string crew over here on ESPNgoogol, too...

I muted the game and streamed the audio from WRUF. Works like a charm, plus I get to hear Mick Hubert.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I muted the game and streamed the audio from WRUF. Works like a charm, plus I get to hear Mick Hubert.
Damn...I used to do that all the time; just got sidetracked by all the technology and choices my current setup and situation funneled me into...Will prob do the same henceforth--IF the various delays that my system now presents don't make the audio and visual too disparate...
Worth it to try, for sure though...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema