• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 3: Florida Gators 48 vs Colorado State Rams 10 9/15/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Long as we grab good yardage on 1st and 2nd downs can't argue with the running game this time...Wildcat solves its own problems sometimes...And on the ensuing 1st down, the pass to endzone SET UP by the running game gets it DONE!
Franks opened up poorly in every way, was 0-for-6 his first six passes...He is PERFECT since, and though it seems he'll get the benefit of the doubt rest of THIS game, there's enough evidence of his continuing flaws, weakness and immaturity that can't be completely forgotten--and if/when it recurs with any negative consistency, may well HAVE to bring a quicker response.
Meanwhile our D pins its ears back now,
...TOUCHDOWN!!! On the BLOCK!!!

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Geez--you hear THAT? "Now the Gators are down EIGHT defenders!" That is just horrible news, an altogether bad position to be in. Oooh. We get a lucky (read "bad") csll in our favor.
I didn't REALIZE things were, CONTINUE to be that bad. You know much about this E--? How serious ARE the various individuals' injuries? What is the time prognosis as to when we get who back?

Injuries and other absences:
  • S Quincy Lenton. Achilles. Out for year.
  • CB Marco Wilson. ACL. Out for year.
  • S Shawn Davis. Knee. Should return in a couple weeks.
  • CB Christopher McWilliams. Foot. Should return in a couple weeks.
  • LB David Reese. Ankle.
  • CB Justin Watkins. Dismissed from team.
  • CB Randy Russell. Medically disqualified.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK. We are a different team this week.
Kentucky is BETTER than "people" (well, the media fools) think-- but I still believe all that "streak" crap was just DUE TO BITE US, for the storm-surge of weirdness to wash over us.
Still, I remain in "judgment mode": Can we FINISH this? See it through with class, determination and discipline? This Rams team BELIEVES in itself: Came back on Arkansas LAST week. Now they get the big run back into our territory, pick up their play and are DRIVING.
IMPORTANT to turn them away here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Injuries and other absences:
  • S Quincy Lenton. Achilles. Out for year.
  • CB Marco Wilson. ACL. Out for year.
  • S Shawn Davis. Knee. Should return in a couple weeks.
  • CB Christopher McWilliams. Foot. Should return in a couple weeks.
  • LB David Reese. Ankle.
  • CB Justin Watkins. Dismissed from team.
  • CB Randy Russell. Medically disqualified.
Thanks, bra'.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Big 3rd down. Nuts.
At LEAST lets keep 'em outta the endzone.
Give this CSU team credit--and its why we CANNOT GO INTO DUMBASS SWAGGER-MODE: They don't quit...and with every positive now they regather themselves, remember to BELIEVE. But so far we appearcto respond ourselves. I'm satisfied to note...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another long fg try here?
Why not? May finally hit one of these from what is SUPPOSED to be his "edge"...
Yep. Finally drops one in from 53 yards.
But 27 to THREE...We'll take that.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
To Mullens (coming off field): What's the difference between last week and this week, 1st and 2nd qtrs, Coach?
"Playing faster and cleaner!... But we gotta do a whole lot MORE OF BOTH! And just need to be tougher, smarter too."
So our Coach seeing it clearly, giving it to us straight (no surprise at either).

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Franks only completed 4/10 passes for 52 yards? At least the defensive secondary is containing the Ram passing offense. 12/19 for 97 yards with 3 yards rushing. The Gator rushing offense has 84 yards on 14 attempts, which is okay.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
OK, look: I am fairly confident even THIS squad doesn't get so foolishly swell-headed they let this Rams team come out and thoroughly turn the tables on them: MULLENS and his guys are making SURE their heads are on straight and preparing them for a wild COUNTERATTACK, warn them of how badly a collapse like that will FEEL if they allow it--doing all that and more RIGHT NOW in there.
Having said that, I personally wanna see a whole lot better than us "hanging on to win" from here. This is EXACTLY the kind of situation that can be a learning experience, an opportunity to SHOW how much and how far we can grow up, dominate rather than showboat.
Wanna see us take control, grind them down, force their growing desperation.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks only completed 4/10 passes for 52 yards? At least the defensive secondary is containing the Ram passing offense. 12/19 for 97 yards with 3 yards rushing. The Gator rushing offense has 84 yards on 14 attempts, which is okay.
Yes--but it LOOKED like a wholesale change, a "switch thrown", more dominant play from us all over the field. Franks "just 4 for 10", but from "0 for 6" to "4 for 4" when it counted.
But they did score at the end of the half, come out and get the ball--and are immediately moving it, looks like.
These Rams BELIEVE in themselves, clearly are together and payimg attentiin to their coaches. Important to stop them here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Our D looks readier, better positioned and reacting well to their attack. Still misding tackles, though.
I'm gonna sit back and watch what happens here on thiscdrive now. Damn: Gardner, our best defender and lynchpin of the beat up defense is down now, right after they give up ANOTHER first.
Stop them now, rest of game likely downhill ride for us--but they get their first TD and we have got a FIGHTbon our hands after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Damnit! Acraid og just that! Best safety comes out, they throw it to hole there as a result. We may be in trouble now.
This could be devastating.
HOW DO WE RESPOND?
Yes, bad luck with injuries again: But we have the lead, and SHOUKD have been readyvfor an ONSLOUGHT, as I warned.
If we lose this one, if we even seriously let them fully back IN it from here, I promise not to yell and scream...but I will be merciless in my evaluation and RECOMMENDATION for radical change where I see weakness, selfishness, and immaturity. We will need more toughness and determination from both Defense and Special Teams before this one is over.

awebbf5

VIP Member
Just now getting caught up with the DVR, had to work late. Not impressed we are beating a team that we should. Not impressed with Frank's, sad to think he is our best option. Gonna be a long season guys smh

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh oh. We are flat, came out that way after half AGAIN. Either we turn this around RIGHT NOW, or this will become a long frustrating, potentially HEADLINE-bad collapse thatxwi HURT, no matter WHAT I came in here telling myself.
Aw, Gators. Yes, we're banged up--but PLEASE find your pride.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Stop the bleeding. Now.
(SO many missed tackles! Yes, stopped them, but gave up an extra ten YARDS there (and lost another defender, too).
Well, looks more and more like we will HAVE to score a couple more TOUCHDOWNS to actually "put this one away" after all.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now is when you'd HOPE our running game so far, from early on, can begin to pay... A long drive here would get us to the 4th in good shape...but instead, a bad prlenalty pins IS deep.
I don't like where this is all heading...OK little pass, but think he MISSED the receiver open breaking long--potential game AND HEARTbreaker.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gonna practically HAVE to pass next play:
Look for breakout again?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just now getting caught up with the DVR, had to work late. Not impressed we are beating a team that we should. Not impressed with Frank's, sad to think he is our best option. Gonna be a long season guys smh
This team, as beat up as it is, and still immature in so many ways (hold on the run, damnit--in a hole now), we have backed UP to these guys: We are IN a game with a team we SHOULD HAVE HAD, DID have BEATEN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema