• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 3: Florida Gators 48 vs Colorado State Rams 10 9/15/2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Hey--Interesting seeing that shot of Mullens reaming Franks...abd now Franks underthrows it late--and instead if a TD, he turns it over on the INT.
Starting to look like Franks is just too much the manchild: Has skills, has filled out nicely, but he ISN'T what we hoped for, needed--and apparently THINKS he already IS. If he doesn't pick it up, SHARPEN up soon, it'll be time for a change; and...GATORS GET THE FUMBLE!
OK: Here's your chance for redemption, QB. To the endzone...No no no!--

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ye gods...Sure might help our QB's passing game if we did better job of protection--but again he threw it to the right guy late.
We are "settling for 3's" here, obviously--and that's never good; worse here, 'cause they can wipe out the gains from TWO TURNOVERS with one play--which they are MORE than capable of. GOTTA start hitting some TDs, and soon...I don't CARE to see us in a back'n'forth scoring duel with these guys.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now they are driving on us. Our D is barely hanging on--and that'll gas us later.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I am a patient man, but I have given up being patient with Feleipe Franks.
Yeah: I said that I would approach each game according to the progress the parts AND the whole make--and it is GLARINGLY clear young Mr Franks is not just "not progressing"...THIS is REgression.
By now all signs point to it.
Lets see how the Head Coach reacts, deals with it. And when.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Alright. 3rd and 12 deep in our end: How does oyr depleted D hold up here?
Stop. Incomplete. Another fg try coming.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
53 yd try...I don't care WHAT he's done in the thin air of the ROCKIES, this kick will be driven low and SHOULD give us a chance at a block. Big push up the middle, guys--and NO RUNNING INTO KICKER!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: I figure we are at about a "wash" on opportunities missed. Franks practically HAS to drive them down and get the TD here, I think; Scarlett scoots around end to the promised land.
Maybe we WON'T see Trask up yet after all...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
They HAVE "moved the ball"... I'm pretty sure an aggressive air attack is about to commence--psychologically they NEED a quick score. HERE'S the "turning point" challenge to our D. They could take control of this, right here. OR, let them back IN it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I don't mind when our defenders don't seem to make interseptions the priority; that isn't their strength, generally ("otherwise they'd be receivers", as they say)--long as they stay at come, make their reads and above all TACKLES, we'll be fine.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Everybody who has played organized football should know how to tackle. Whatever the Gators are doing is not called tackling.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am going on three weeks without cable TV, and it is getting costly to follow the game using my data. Signing off. Wake me up in a few weeks after we get a decent win.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Geez--you hear THAT? "Now the Gators are down EIGHT defenders!" That is just horrible news, an altogether bad position to be in. Oooh. We get a lucky (read "bad") csll in our favor.
I didn't REALIZE things were, CONTINUE to be that bad. You know much about this E--? How serious ARE the various individuals' injuries? What is the time prognosis as to when we get who back?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Several breaks our way over the last few plays; now what? Ok good--no call, net great field position for us...

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Still gotta keep pedal-to-metal here.
(Come On!!! They are looking at this as a potential "fair catch"?!! Ridiculous!!! Of course not!)
Pass to endzone off play action on next play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema