• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Thread, Week 11: #15 Florida Gators 35, South Carolina Gamecocks 31- November 10, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Just noticed this post now, way after the fact, E--. What in particular made you say that? Anything in particular you SAW, or heard on whichever telecast you had on behind the video feed... Me, I spent more than half the game with NO sound. I was so stressed, it was the only way I coukd watch it there for long stretches midgame.

Franks was hit in the head as he was diving out of bounds, he was a little woozy walking back to the huddle, and he repeatedly rubbed his helmet or head in between plays. He probably was hiding the concussion from the coach to prove his toughness. Kudos to Feleipe!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
And while I'm back here again (was going over our record here of the game's ups'n'downs, the wild swings of emotion) , lemme UNDERLINE one point I made by referring to a particular comment, to wit:
All that happened in the end just reinforces the idea that "That's why HE is Coach--the right one for us!"

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Franks was hit in the head as he was diving out of bounds, he was a little woozy walking back to the huddle, and he repeatedly rubbed his helmet or head in between plays. He probably was hiding the concussion from the coach to prove his toughness. Kudos to Feleipe!
Yes--and at THIS point he's gotta be aware that as long as he DOES a decent job of "hiding" it, his Coach won't HAVE to take him outta there: Coach Dan sure doesn't want to have to, and Fillipe sure as HELL don't wanna come OUT!
But he totally came thru, repeatedly, when he had to as the game went on, as did that once-proud but lately stumbling Defense similarly did to GIVE Franks and his offense the chance to catch up with, finally overtake the 'Cocks on the scoreboard.
That was even a more stirring (and less LIKELY) "come back" than the one against Vandy...At the moment I can't remember a bigger, better one in our recent history

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I REALLY like what I saw in terms of "firing up the Swamp" from several of our guys--Franls himself threw off the early boos and if anything CONDUCTED the crowd to HELP, shushed-'em to quiet down so he could call signals etc down near the goaline, then egged 'em ON from the sidelines against THEIR offense later on, and finally went over to celebrate with them all at the gun! Then of course there was our long snapper's "star turn" to TP there at the 3rd/4th break; THAT was top notch.

(Meanwhile EVERYTHING going the Vols' way against Kentucky--UK actually looks more talented overall, but Tennessee is making all the big plays, including completion of a "Hail Mary" to end the first half...They're ahead 3 scores in their own house--so it seems the Wildcats' til-now bigtime offense chose this, their opportunity to enter the Top 10, to not play even NEAR as well as what they've shown in GETTING here--against a team that looked bad against CHARLOTTE a week ago. Life in the SEC: Only things that are certain are Death, Taxes--and for now, "Tide Rolls"...We'll be at least properly be on the WAY "back" when they begin to add "...and Gators CHOMP" to that)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Announcers on the same shows I've avoided all week now talking about how BIG a game this was for UF, how far things "were headed the other way right up to the 4th qtr in this one", etc etc...But former Gator Cris Doerring just threw a stat out there I wasn't aware of: Apparently, coming into this game "Florida hadn't lost three games-in-a-row AT HOME to unranked opponents IN ITS HISTORY"!
Yikes! I knew we were down, and perched over the abyss of ignominy, but THAT unprecedented?
Maybe that's what it would, WILL take to snap us out of it, head us back the other way? Gotta hope so, anyway. This has been one WEIRD'N'WACKY SEASON, no matter what.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema