• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Seminoles @ Gators - 11/27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Pouncey cant snap a ball. Now we get bailed out by the refs. Een the announcers say brantley should not have played to much in this game. He we go with the dives and qb draws. Cant get back in to this game like that i think meyer has thrown in the towel.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We should have known it would not be close, no matter who got on top. This is six years of hatred piling up.

Oh yeah--that is EXACTLY why I wanted to see us come out and put together a complete game, because anything else could lead to the walls caving in.
Of course, this is worse than even I imagined--the penalties, confusion and turnovers started early on, but the whole team surrendered to passivity, a lack of discipline, effort and above all pride, pretty damn quickly. There is no one they believe in, least of all themselves.
I'm not so sure this CAN be fixed in 1 year, no matter what is done or who is doing it. Things may have gone too far. But I know there's no hope for it without some MAJOR changes. No use crying about the missed opportunities, the things that SHOULD have been begun already. At this point, I'd just be glad to see the process STARTED: new OC, new QB in an offense that suits our personnel, skilled younger players on the field ASAP, LEADERSHIP.
How can Urban Meyer, of all people, accept anything less himself?

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Let meyers excuses begin. Let his uniformed post game interviews begin. Watch as he continues to defend addazio and he lousy coaches. Spin baby spin

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I can't listen to those postgame pressers anymore--it's just a pile of HORSESH*T. Makes me even angrier than the game did.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Oh yeah--that is EXACTLY why I wanted to see us come out and put together a complete game, because anything else could lead to the walls caving in.
Of course, this is worse than even I imagined--the penalties, confusion and turnovers started early on, but the whole team surrendered to passivity, a lack of discipline, effort and above all pride, pretty damn quickly. There is no one they believe in, least of all themselves.
I'm not so sure this CAN be fixed in 1 year, no matter what is done or who is doing it. Things may have gone too far. But I know there's no hope for it without some MAJOR changes. No use crying about the missed opportunities, the things that SHOULD have been begun already. At this point, I'd just be glad to see the process STARTED: new OC, new QB in an offense that suits our personnel, skilled younger players on the field ASAP, LEADERSHIP.
How can Urban Meyer, of all people, accept anything less himself?

Keep in mind that as bad as we think it is, it could get worse. We still have a bowl game to stink up! Yay!

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Keep in mind that as bad as we think it is, it could get worse. We still have a bowl game to stink up! Yay!

More than half a bottle of 36 yr.old cognac in, I'm laughing--but the laughter is still hollow.
Got to go to one, tho' (for the extended practice, game reps, etc.)--doesn't matter which one. COULD be REALLY important, if we happened to be incorporating a new OC, with a new offensive scheme and the like.
Listen to me. I gotta be in DEEP denial, as blindly self-delusional as our head coach if I think THAT'S about to happen...what word or sign has he given even slightly HINTING at it?
Better keep drinking, face reality. Yeah, good plan...

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
So meyer gives us his same ole speech about getting better, fixes the problems. Now he throws in the " we gotta recruit or buts off" why recruit if you wont even start a freshman over a senior who clearly has more talent? Why is this play book so hard for freshman to learn when all we see is dive, read dive or short cross patterns? What plays are they running in practice that it is so difficult to learn? What ever plays he talking about we sure aren't using them in games. I will admit that he did look a little more pissed about this loss but i heard much of the same. I looked like he wanted to come right out and say i going to fore some coaches. Then he started talking about recruiting and he lost me. The more i think about it he has excuses for everything. Now we are to believe we have no athletes. With what was called by some people the greatest recruiting class put together last year we all the sudden seem to have run out of play makers? Give me a break meyer, you know whats wrong be a man and come out and acknowledge it. Addazio was a poor choice, now you have to live with what you have created. I would not be surprised to see a couple freshman want a transfer after this year ( reed, easley, dunkley ).to me he threw his past couple of classes under the bus. Then he talks about not playing wining football?????? Well we haven't played wining football all year and you now bring this up. We haven't had a game plan to beat any decent team all year. Our play calling has been predictable all year. I cant wait to see what happens in the coming days. I'm sure nothing to surprising but i did sense a lot of anger in his voice this time.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
It's weird--different people "hear" things differently than others...
Check out the latest "Gator Clause" piece by Mike McCall, "Here's Why the Gators Getting Smoked at Doak was a Good Thing"--particularly point #2, and the conclusions he draws.
I tend to be more cautious; like you, I WANT to "believe", but Meyer's been messing with the truth (and our heads) all season until now, and I'll believe what I actually see him DO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema