• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida @ LSU - 10/8: LOSS 41 - 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
GG

on a side note, watching roberson wearing the same number that joe haden wore kind of bothers me because he sucks so bad.
There's a BUNCH of defense-guys who don't deserve their UNIFORM today, let alone the proud numbers worn by great Gators-past. Roberson is an extreme case--he keeps showing LESS each week. It's harder to figure with others...they're not ALL duds. Like everyone else here has already said: This has GOT to be fixed; Muschamp has got to go back to basics with these defenders, I don't know what it takes and don't CARE--just FIX it, Coach.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
we suck, vandy may beat us, this looks like last year all over again!
No. I think this is a team that can feast on the inferior--not that THAT'S anything but an illusion of "good" (got us thinking we were ready for "real teams", after all).
Here's the question we all need to ask ourselves: Are you prepared to RISK losing to those inferior teams, or at least letting them stay in a game with us, if it means the in-game, in-season development of NEXT year's team? That may become the choice, at least until Brantley returns (and perhaps even then). I'm thinking its time to put the promising underclassmen in--the only seniors who play are the ones that fight and give their ALL, and it's put-up-or-shut-up-time for the rest.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Boy was that fun or what. That there was pitiful. I know our defense is stinking but our offence blows chunks. I got to call it like I see it. Two ints great play for sure. There is nothing there to even come close to helping our defence to even get a water break. To get the time to get some heads up from our coach's nothing. To me the blame is on the offence simply put what offence.
I'm on this stupid phone right now give me a few I will join in

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gator player of the game? LSU's Honey Badger for showing us what a playmaker looks like and reminding us of how good we were at one time. Not one of the clowns in orange and blue showed me that they deserve football scholarships. When I went to UF I had to keep a 2.75 GPA. These have a 0.75 GPA based on all phases of the game. Turn in your scholarship money. Now.
That's a good way of looking at it:
Like you say, the required average in my upper-division "Honors Interdisciplinary"-Scholarship was a 3.0 GPA--and I went after a significantly higher average than that for no other reason than it was a matter of personal pride: I was competing with mySELF. The players have that and each OTHER driving them--or so I thought. Am I foolishly naive?
Coach M just took responsibility for it in the locker room, "We've got to cut out the sloppy, selfish and thoughtless penalties, got to tackle and play better in every phase of the game--and that's MY fault...I've got to do a better job of coaching."
I think there was a warning in all those penalties against lesser teams BEFORE we got to October and "the gauntlet": the same "sloppy, selfish, thoughtless" errors that were unnecessary against and unforced by inferior competition all hinted at a carelessly casual team that wasn't nearly as good as it thought it was, and we could ill afford that kind of nonsense against two of the best teams in the SEC, and hence College Football, at the moment.
Auburn is about even with us now--but they've been getting better in the course of their schedule, while we have clearly been weakened (by simple attrition AND our own failure to improve, or even execute properly the things we were supposed to be GOOD at).
IF we can bounce back properly this time, we can stop the bleeding and the slide, and head into the "by" with a shot at getting back into the SEC-East race. Me, I'm more concerned with seeing us show some FIGHT, some pride and passion, get back to playing hard-nosed football, sharp and determined. It's what we're going-to-be that is my main focus now.

robdog

Gator Fan
Rough game. :(

But you had the backup of the backup in at QB against the #1 team in the Nation on their home turf. LARGE order for ANY team.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Rough game. :(

But you had the backup of the backup in at QB against the #1 team in the Nation on their home turf. LARGE order for ANY team.
No doubt--exactly why logic said we'd lose...Well, aside from logic sometimes being way off in college football (it wasn't here), there's this whole matter of the ways in which we beat ourselves--and then there's our tackling. I am convinced that there's a connection between those last two (in our heads?). What do y'all think?

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
I'm thinking on the line of moving our RBs to recievers. No disrespect but they just run into a pile of bigger men and the weight wins everytime I don't even know why we keep tring. Kind of like beating a dead horse you get nowhere. We need strength with weight heck remember the frig. Put a lb in if were going to run it up the gut. They got the speed but no brute force.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Talk about a "buzz-killer" of a game--this one had me semi-hungover by the 4th qrtr. Used to happen all the time, sitting in the sun in the student section, suckin' back those big ol' Gator-cups-full-of-beer for hours, right through the 3rd qrtr, then finding myself with a dry-mouthed headache at the end. Should I eat or start drinkin' again? (This may have been a rhetorical question, I'm not sure...but feel free to offer your advice...)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm thinking on the line of moving our RBs to recievers. No disrespect but they just run into a pile of bigger men and the weight wins everytime I don't even know why we keep tring. Kind of like beating a dead horse you get nowhere. We need strength with weight heck remember the frig. Put a lb in if were going to run it up the gut. They got the speed but no brute force.
I'm with you...I think that's the idea, mid-to-long-term with this staff. They need to go that way almost EVERYWHERE, both lines and defensive secondary, anyway...all except at WR, where we need a couple more long-limbed-and-lithe smooth-running high-jumpers to go with Dunbar (where WAS Dunbar today, anyway? Did he even get a pass thrown his way?).

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Well. Just checked the online list and sure enough, while there are over 60 guests wandering around here and there on GE right now, I'm the last "Member" here--and the only person at ALL left on our "Game Day" thread...
In case anyone DOES check back (like my partner-in-liquid-abuse, SP, and E-, aweb, mjfan and all the rest), goodnight my friends and fellow Gators. I may have to take a break from all-things-Gator for a couple of days. I need to see an attitude change on our team. Hell--I need one myself.

mjfan23

VIP Member
You'll be back! :cool:

Postgame recap.
- Discipline was poor and will be addressed
- Qb played fine (shocker ha)
- Penalties are not very smart
- Driskel practiced up until wens (he was too banged up to go, but sounds to me like there hiding him a bit?)
- Cant stop the run game
- Tackling was poor
- Kept fighting but couldnt make a stop on defense
- Gillisee runs hard, has gotten better with protection
- Muschamp wont ever claim youth or injuries "part of the game"
- A loss is a loss no matter how it looks
- Execution comes back to coaching

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Disagree. There is losing, and there is being a loser. We were ****img losers today. Brissett gets a pass. Gillislee gets a pass. The rest of you turn in your scholarship money until you learn to tackle, block, or run.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Sorry I drifted off into deep thought following my crow that I did eat by going out in deep water.Did I do it with PRIDE . NO I didn't. I felt as I had been let down by those who I still chose to (hope) cheer for. My Gators." My team"

Sad to say this but we stink on every end of the field on every side of the ball. Yes we BLOW chunks.OK. I think we will ALL agree to this. If not your BLIND IN ONE EYE AND CAN'T SEE OUT THE OTHER you see this.

I know we got the coaches and the players to make everything right. But how ? Hmmmm!!!!
This is my opinion it has nothing to do with GE or any of the members here. Me.

#1- Our coaches who I feel strongly in my heart know this game better then ANY ONE of us must take the BIG STEP of saying. WE STINK AND TELL THE PUBLIC that we do. Simple WE STINK as coaches and as players. Right now but were working to correct this problem. Don't sugar coat it or nothing. It gets EVERY ONE in the spot light. Yourself included.Your a Team win our lose.
#2- ADDRESS the problems to the players WHO ARE your problem. Share it with the team. It looks to me it's the same ones each time. So the poop rolls down hill boy's so step up our you will be replaced. With the Next on. These proplems might not be caused from not being coached right but from sheer stupidity on the players part. YOU CAN'T FIX STUPID. So don't try your letting someone else down if you continue.

Lets do our offense first.
#1- We got no leader right now on the field. We got to get one quick our we will die in the trenches in the battle. I don't know who it is right now but The coaches got to or they got to open their eyes and minds to at least see what I think I saw. I seen our 3rd stringer fold like a lawn chair. Being it throwing a complete pass to the defender, over, under throwing to his own target, or better yet just looking Dumb founded in the back field. Lost or better yet stupid. The long throw down field for the TD would of been under thrown if the WR wouldn't of got knocked out of bounds. <<REMEMBER. Our RB got more results out of the time he was in as QB THEN OUR QB. I got to like LSU's system for the QB. If you shuffle your feet you lose your seat. This being WHO EVER IS healthy and the best right now is going to get the job till he's proven not to be. You know the ole saying you got to break eggs to fix a omelets. We can't afford to build something then rebuild a month down the road. I'm sorry but its how I feel. I know theirs is for different reasons but it would work here .IRON FIST.
#2- Our running backs are the best little people out their right now. LITTLE PEOPLE for Rb's. They got the quickness to break free for big time runs. But they don't got the size or strength to do us any good coming from behind our OL much less bowling through the defenders line. Pretty much useless unless they get some one on one which norm. only come from short passes. Sad but true. So move them some where else. They could be great short down receivers or burn them down field with their speed. They got good hands. Put BIGGER stronger people in the backfield even if it's LB's etc..They will help protect and BULL their way through.
#2- The OL I honestly think were ok here just need more time more coaching to be productive. Plus with Bigger stronger Backs to help protect when they do get beat on the block. NOTE Rainey trying to pick up a per say 250 + pnd. lineman. Rainey is 180 190 pnds. Not much help.
#3- Very important We got to get some one to PUNT the ball. Heck with what I see get some girl from the soccer team she will be better.
BOTTOM line : We do got the people to do this with. High ranked ones. Most of whom come from HS then getting put doing something else when in college. HELLO......

The Defense:
#1- I think they are doing good except for BASIC football SKILLS. Which some don't want to apply to themselves<BENCH HIM or get under his skin enough to know hes got to preform with meaning up to your level to just be in there for the next down much less the whole game. You got to get in their minds to let them know who is in control. Some times its with force.
#2- Our secondary TO ME is in the same as above. The BASICS Gentleman. But on their behalf they are having to play up IMO due to missed tackles to try to help the front over come their weaknesses which puts empty spots on the field to where they will be burned. But we GOT TO TACKLE OR HOLD ON ATLEAST. to be any good at all . I like the coverage they give WHEN which brings me to
#3- You got to be able to feel these players pain ON DEFENSE of being Blocked, Ran, Knocked down, Stepped on, to DEATH for the SAKE of NO FRIGGEN OFFENSE to give them time to just REST, Look over what the others offense is doing to them being coached during the game not just at 1/2 time It helps IF THEY GET TO REST I promise. When you get tired you might go to sleep just driving your car. It's the same with football when you get WORE out heck your done. They've been on the field the whole time. Given the start of the game when nerves cause problems once they settle down they hold their own pretty good. But when they get wore out then the sloppiness returns.

Sorry my CROW wasn't very good but I did eat it. So I guess I've went on a VENT HERE. Huddle up boys. It's time to think of next week.....

mjfan23

VIP Member
Solid post swamp.

Here are my thoughts. Yes I realize the offense is not good. But UF needs to get their best players involved. Obviously rainey gets his touches. But Im trying to find ways to get Reed some touches (maybe its me but I think hes a complete stud at TE). Im finding ways to get Trey the ball, he makes plays. Debose has become a solid solid play maker imo as well. Based off yesturday Im going with Gillislee to run downhill over anyone.

I think the QB situation is what it is. Either Driskel or Brissit is going to be good eventually. Im not sure which, Im not sure when... utoh! But baised on the situations they where in I simply cant expect much out of them. Give them some time, some reps. Your first college game you face bama or lsu, thats no joke.

I cant live with missed tackles anymore on defense. We give up so many extra yards its incredible. You do everything right to be in the correct position then dont tackle. This defense will be good, their y oung. I can live with mistakes, getting beat, agrressive penalties... but the tackling thing needs to go.

I have been VERY disspointed with our Oline and Dline. I feel they have gotten torn up in the last two weeks. Our Oline doesnt give rainey even a chance to get to the second level. Our Dline doesnt give our linebackers a chance to shut down the run game or get pressure in a pass situation.

And the punting thing? Geeeeshhhh. I dont know whats up with that. Find a guy on the mens soccer team, or hell let sturgis do it. It has worked out OKAY so far, but it will cost us eventually i think.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
I do agree with you MJF we got the people. Now how long TO REBUILD? Heck I guess NEVER. Cause from what I been seeing there must NOT be NO problems. No one is fixing nothing...

RB's - The team doesn't seem to do any thing different week to week. Were stuck on the runs with not a RB in the game until we get blown out then its like lets put him in now. << Gillislee looks dern good to me let him put on few more pnds. hit the weights hes there. But you got to try. But for the life of me I just don't see why even going there with Rainey or Demps.

OL - The looks of it they get BLOWN off the ball. They let some one or multis blow thru so why not just keep some one back there to protect. We got TWO spots to help but it never gets put in.

Defense - They got to clean it up. They got to TACKLE " THE BASICS". But I beg of you to keep my above post in mind with getting WORE OUT.<< It pisses me off to see the things I've seen go wrong in the last 1.5 hrs of Gator football. This is the same Defense who earlier was Top Ten IN THE COUNTRY. Do you see any thing different about the last 1.5 hrs. of football. We DON'T score no points we don't keep control of the ball. On offense. It's a domino effect I feel. We get stupid sloppy ......

Special teams looked very stupid when they returned the ball that was NEVER KICKED the punter just took off running for TD with no one even close.

THE PUNTER LOL LOL FIRED SCREW HIM DO THEY NOT SEE THIS... LOL LOL <Good fun right there....OH my goodness.

Stop turn a blind eye to what is right in front of you Coaches I'm begging.......

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Okay, I have sobered up and taken a cold shower. Here are my final thoughts on LSU versus the UF junior varsity squad, before I zap that memory from the record banks.

All around the Gator Nation we are focusing our complaints in the wrong areas. With the much maligned John Walter Brantley IV under center against Alabama, we looked like a team that could lose gracefully to the #2 team in the galaxy. If I could find Brantley and talk to him I would say that I am sorry for being so hard on him as a fan and I want him to get well soon, but for now he needs to mentor Jacoby Brissett to limp us along until he returns. That kid is all Gator with no quit. That is where we need to start-- the no quit attitude.

We really should stop kidding ourselves with lining up 2 running backs who are 170 pounds at the same time. Get it through your head coach -- use a fullback (preferably a 220 pounder) and alternate Rainey and Demps. Use tight ends to block. We need a running game! You can go back to the cute Shake and Bake AFTER you gain control of the LOS!

Speaking of LOS, what the 'eff? We are losing on both sides of the ball. Granted, we gained penetration in defense against LSU, but not until second half. Problem : leadership. Name the captain of either the offensive line or the defensive line. I can't. Now name the captain of your favorite lines from the past (Pouncey and Dunlap come to mind with Spikes in support from linebacker corps). Easley is good at performing but he needs to lead. I don't even know who captains the offensive line. Yeah, we got bullied in the trenches, but they were number one and number two in the country. The line captains need to crack some skulls this week.

It is leadership that will limp us along the rest of the year. We have the athletes, but not the attitudes. We may find out next week if we even have the strength and conditioning. If Auburn bullies us as well, we need to look at S&C.

For those with an attitude, I would rather play with 70 players who want to be there than 85 who do not.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
NOTED BY E::::For those with an attitude, I would rather play with 70 players who want to be there than 85 who do not.
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
No other words to even describe it any better.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema