• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Florida @ LSU - 10/8: LOSS 41 - 11

Status
Not open for further replies.

mjfan23

VIP Member
lol no tyler murphy, saying it like brissett is so great.

As a coach you have to say that... I cant blame him for that. QBs take all the heat or all the glory. As a coach you cant put that on a freshman. Its the correct response.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I'm sorry--they should have been going for the TD all the way--breaking the shut out is another of those "moral victories" I just don't believe in (in fact, as I've said elsewhere, I HATE the whole idea of "moral victories"; like SP said earlier, its all about WINNING--now, that isn't always IMMEDIATELY possible, but whatever you do, you aim at WINNING as the ultimate goal, NOT "losing in some way that somehow makes me feel better"--SCREW THAT!).

awebbf5

VIP Member
As a coach you have to say that... I cant blame him for that. QBs take all the heat or all the glory. As a coach you cant put that on a freshman. Its the correct response.
not putting it on him but whats it gonna hurt to see what murphy can do, not gonna be no comeback win.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Does ANYONE think we're gonna come back from 3 TDs down?
That requires JBII throwing it down the field, obviously, and except for that one middle-field/middle-distance completion to set up the FG at the end of the half, that's been a shaky proposition (it DOES sort of put Driskel's early difficulties ina different, more tolerant light, don't y'all think?)

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Bright side it looks like we stiffened on D just little bit. The thing I notice is with Burton running the offense they come closer to looking like a unit once more...

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
That requires JBII throwing it down the field, obviously, and except for that one middle-field/middle-distance completion to set up the FG at the end of the half, that's been a shaky proposition (it DOES sort of put Driskel's early difficulties ina different, more tolerant light, don't y'all think?)

Yes Sir it does. Were missing our leader it sucks but I know this feeling. Different team when Burton comes in. I got to think its the IT FACTOR. They respond to him for some reason..

mjfan23

VIP Member

This is defiantly a team issue not just a qb issue.

Based on this does it make brantleys success look any different in your eyes!?

awebbf5

VIP Member
Yes Sir it does. Were missing our leader it sucks but I know this feeling. Different team when Burton comes in. I got to think its the IT FACTOR. They respond to him for some reason..
hes got a little bit of the tebow rally and excitement in him

awebbf5

VIP Member
This is defiantly a team issue not just a qb issue.

Based on this does it make brantleys success look any different in your eyes!?
yeah it is a team issue but what does it hurt to see if murphy could get something going.brissett isnt doing anything great.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I think the defense will make some adjustments and stand up the offense, maybe get some sacks. I do not see the offense waking up unless that wildcat magically works over and over.

Go easy on Demps. I think he really is hurt. The announcer said both Rainey and Demps looks hobbled in warm-ups.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Yes Sir E I believe their getting the poop worked out of them with no BRUT FORCE to help them..Getting Dinged will get you bummed soon....

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Bright side it looks like we stiffened on D just little bit. The thing I notice is with Burton running the offense they come closer to looking like a unit once more...
You're right--which is good AND bad: satisfying and fun to watch, a relief, even, when they do it--but we know that it's just a stop gap, a "wrinkle" that Weis knows he has available to him but isn't anything more than that.
In the long run, I guess I agree: "Let's find out what ELSE we've got here" has been what I urge us to do with a season that is otherwise getting away from us, and a team that needs to find a new balance and identity. I THINK that's what Muschamp, Weis and everyone else is working towards. This season will not be in vain if we come out of it closer to being ready to begin that much stronger, determined and more prepared NEXT year.

mjfan23

VIP Member
yeah it is a team issue but what does it hurt to see if murphy could get something going.brissett isnt doing anything great.

Touche' touche'

Maybe im just being tough on demps because he is out for the season in my Ps3 NCAA 2012 dynasty :eek:

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nice mellow buzz, but don't know how much I can watch of this half...NOT more-of-same!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema