• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Official Game Day Thread: Alabama @ Florida - 10/1: LOSS 38 - 10

Status
Not open for further replies.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
This is turning out to be the WORST kind of loss, the one where we KNOW we were beaten, but we ALSO know it didn't have to BE that way--and now our season has totally shifted.
I can't really blame our seeming impotence in the face of opportunity on Driskel--he just wasn't ready for this situation.
We MAY have a real problem though, if that's the case: when will he BE ready? NEXT week? After the "bye"? We're already at "plan B"; when do we go to "plan C"? Is that Murphy? Do we take the redshirt off of Brisset? We may HAVE to, if Driskel doesn't show more, and SOON.
It's not even ABOUT just this season, but NEXT.

awebbf5

VIP Member
This is turning out to be the WORST kind of loss, the one where we KNOW we were beaten, but we ALSO know it didn't have to BE that way--and now our season has totally shifted.
I can't really blame our seeming impotence in the face of opportunity on Driskel--he just wasn't ready for this situation.
We MAY have a real problem though, if that's the case: when will he BE ready? NEXT week? After the "bye"? We're already at "plan B"; when do we go to "plan C"? Is that Murphy? Do we take the redshirt off of Brisset? We may HAVE to, if Driskel doesn't show more, and SOON.
It's not even ABOUT just this season, but NEXT.
i thought driskell was supposed to be the best we had?

awebbf5

VIP Member
Yep now its about not being embarassed to badly in primetime.
already embarassed, i know driskell is a freshman but he looks awful,wasnt murphy looking good in the spring game? how about throw him in there and see if he can do better.

mjfan23

VIP Member
ya driskell looks losssssssssst. WE cannot afford to have swung and missed on two prized qbs... verdict is still out for some time tho on that

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
Pull Driskel put in NEXT. It will not hurt nothing. He who handles the pressure best this week is starter the next. Driskel looks lost IMO which is very bad.Hes supposed to be ready.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Now we're going down, out of gas. Our offense did NOTHING for the "D" tonight, even when they were scoring they were doing it too quickly--then they stopped doing that and sealed our fate.
The"experts" are gonna just talk about how we got clobbered, but at least WE know all that happened here. We're not so far off--but the missing pieces make it LOOK like LIGHTYEARS, at least until we get them filled:
(1) MUST find the "Quarterback of the Future" NOW--and I don't think ANY of us are sure we're watching him here right now (no more trying to find "another Tebow", either--he ain't out there, 'cause they broke the mold).
(2) MUST recruit that killer Big Fast Every-Down-If-You-Need-Him Running Back--two, like they're aiming for, would be even better--
Now Driskel's leg gets twisted back by Upshaw again. This is SAD--the disaster deepens.
I can't believe I'm still watching.
"Who will be our quarterback?!!"

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
DRU NOTED: "Who will be our quarterback?!!"

Put the drunk in the stands in.Heck he will do no worse then Driskel..lolololol UUUUGGGHHHHHHHH

mjfan23

VIP Member
Y'all cant expect driskel to come in here and do well?

Im a firm believer that you cannot judge a QB till his junior season.

Im not saying Driskel is or isnt the answer. Im saying its WAY to soon to be saying nexxxxxt.

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
No sir I don't expect him to win or really do much but I do believe he needs to look like he belongs. He should of been working out getting reps in practice just like everyone else, and being prepared to take control of the game at any given time 2 - 6 16 yrds is ruff plus the lost look is not looking very good.I think hes better. I hope hes better...

Swamp Person

Swamp Gator
OK its over I'm still proud of our boys. We might get to meet Bama in the SEC Championship. Then we might be better. I'm not giving up its just not in me.....GO GATORS........

awebbf5

VIP Member
I have to say i didnt think we would win but I thought we had a chance, this hurts though, to be honest its starting to look like last year. I mean I dont see us beating lsu, Auburn always has our number,Richt is on the hot seat his players are gonna give it their all, and then south carolina, Lattimore may look like richardson did tonight.Brantley is probably done demps cant stay healthy, driskell is lost. I hate to be negative about us but really dont see to much good other than our young team getting experience this year to be ready for next year.

Ufgatorfan

VIP Member
Driskel was put in a bad situstion, allthough we were supposed to have home field. I did not expect him to mount a come back. Our defense played so bad. They looked like high school players playing NFL players. They could not tackle. Our lack of a big back exposed us. I know muschamp will turn this around. He doesnt have the players right yet, but our recruiting class is looking good. I never reallt thought brantley could handle a full season in the SEC season. He played really good in the beginning, that interception was awful. I think pressure would of got the best of Brantley. One motre point, our offense line looked bad in the second half and our d-line looked so so bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema