• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

No. 13 Florida Falls to Unranked Richmond

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I can understand losing to Syracuse last week, but losing to unranked Richmond is not acceptable. Back to back losses will likely bump the Gators out of the Top 25. The <a href="http://www.gatorenvy.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=7">Florida Gators men's basketball team</a> was leading 32-24 at halftime but they stumbled in the second half and ultimately lost 53-56. "I saw it coming," Donovan said following the Orange Bowl Basketball Classic loss.

Was Saturday's performance a sign that maybe this team isn't different from what we've seen the past two years? Do they have no heart? Coming into the second half the Gators were playing flat - they weren't taking their opponent seriously. They were immediately outscored 20-5. "You see the energy, the passion, the enthusiasm kind of coming out of them," Donovan said. "I can get them physically ready to play, but they've got to understand every game is 40 minutes."

Richmond is a team the Gators should have dropped 80 points on. We shot 38.2% from the field and only 20% from beyond the 3-point line. Free throw were an issue again, hitting only 8-14. "I wasn't going to bail them out," Donovan said. "I almost wanted them to stop the bleeding themselves. They needed to play through that. I take responsibility from the standpoint that obviously what I'm saying to them is not getting through."

Alex Tyus led the team in scoring with 15 points, Parsons and Werner each had 9.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema