• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

No. 1 Florida Wins in Death Valley

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The game might not have been what many of us predicted, but the result is all that matters. The No. 1 Florida Gators traveled into a hostile environment and beat the No. 4 ranked LSU Tigers by a final score of 13-3. Many of us (myself included) predicted a lot more scoring, but it turns out the game was a defense battle from wire to wire. Tim Tebow got the start and played OK at best. He missed some throws, but also made some that helped seal the deal. All in all - great win by the Florida Gators.

Week in and week out the Gator defense just never ceases to amaze me. They held the No. 4 ranked team to only 3 points and 162 yards of offense. It's remarkably. The Gators were able able to pressure the quarterback and create turnovers... two things I said were keys to victory. My player of the game award goes to linebacker Brandon Spikes. Spikes had 2.5 sacks, a forced fumble and 11 total tackles. He was the heart and soul of the defense on Saturday night.

On offense, the Gators didn't play as well as I had hoped. I'm not sure if we can attribute that to Tim Tebow being a little rusty or if LSU just played solid defense. The Gators did leave some points on the board though. Tebow missed Aaron Hernandez on a wide open touchdown (the ball skimmed the grass) and Meyer elected to go for it on fourth down when he could have kicked a field goal ( not to mention Sturgis missed a FG). So that's easily another 10-13 points the Gators left out there. A 26-3 victory looks a heck of a lot better doesn't it?

Senior quarterback Tim Tebow completed 11-of-16 passes and threw one touchdown in the victory. Junior tight end Aaron Hernandez led the UF receiving corps, reeling in six receptions for 70 yards, while sophomore athlete Jeff Demps amassed 86 yards on 16 carries to lead Florida on the ground.

What's your take on the game? How ddo you think the Gators played?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema