• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NIT Bound

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
It saddens me to write this for the second year in a row. The Florida Gators men's basketball team is headed for the NIT, not the NCAA Tournament. The Gators dropped their second SEC Tournament game against Auburn to seal their fate. A win would have put them in the big dance. Instead the Gators are a top seed in the losers tournament.

"We're grateful for the opportunity to continue our season at the NIT," UF coach Billy Donovan said in a statement Sunday night. "We're looking forward to the opportunity to continue to practice and grow as a team."

The Gators, who went 5-7 in their past 12 games, including four losses in their final five, will host Jacksonville University at 8 p.m. Wednesday night. "Jacksonville will be an extremely tough opponent. They won their league and played a very strong nonconference schedule, so we'll be playing a very formidable opponent on Wednesday."

Unless the Gators win the NIT Tournament, this will probably be my last post covering their season. It started out with so much hope and promise, yet ended in disaster. Though whenever I find myself getting upset about men's basketball I always remind myself that spring football is just around the corner.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema