• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

NCAA notes: Getting refocused

News Bot

News Bot
Florida is 3-3 all-time in SEC Tournament final games, with all three losses coming against Kentucky.
In 2004, following an 89-73 loss to Kentucky in the finals, the No. 5 seed Gators were upset by No. 12 Manhattan 75-60 in the opening round of the NCAA Tournament.
But in 1994, after a 73-60 loss to Kentucky, Florida made a run to its first Final Four in school history.
So is it good or bad to come into the NCAA Tournament off a loss?
“I look at it as a learning experience for us,” Florida junior point guard Erving Walker said. “We got it out of our system now. But, I mean Kentucky is a good team, they played a great game. We didn’t have our best game, obviously. It’s a whole season now,that game is over and done with. It has nothing to do with this upcoming week. We’re just focused on getting better.”
– Senior center Vernon Macklin said he’s been studying film this week since his five-turnover performance against Kentucky. The Wildcats doubled Macklin in the post, often stripping the 6-10 big man as he attempted to put the ball on the floor for his patented hook shot in the lane.
“It was pretty frustrating for a while,” Macklin said. “But like Coach Donovan said, maybe it’s one of those times where I have to become a playmaker.”
Macklin said the Florida video staff made an edit of his turnovers against the double-teams.
“I’m going to do a better job of reading the double teams, trying to find guys.
– Boynton said it is “safe to say” that he’s coming back for his junior season. The 6-2 guard is averaging 14.1 ppg. Last season, Boynton averaged 14.0 ppg

Source: GatorSports.com - Hoops Scoop

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema