• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

My slogan for the Gainesville PD

Ga8or22

Eventis sultorum magister.
uso0o.jpg

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Gainesville Police Department
"We do our jobs here unlike Tallahassee"
"...Our jobs..." being to screw with the players, do everything possible to screw the whole PROGRAM--I mean, we're University cops: we can't write tickets on regular citizens going one mph over the speed limit, for God's sake--but we CAN try'n'destroy the lives of these spoiled kids from outta town...That's not only FUN--it's what we were HIRED for, right?
"It's great, to be, a Florida TRAITOR!"
("Bitter"? Noooo. Not ME.)

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Better than the alternative. Really hope the Florida attorney general (a gator alum) investigates the Tallahassee PD.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Better than the alternative. Really hope the Florida attorney general (a gator alum) investigates the Tallahassee PD.
No doubt...I'm just tryin' to "have a little fun" with a sick situation, in my own twisted way--on both counts, yeah, but MUCH more seriously so in Tallahassee. On the G-ville scene, I'm just tired of seeing/hearing about another "maverick-with-a-gun" and a Marshall Complex rousting another talented kid-away-at-college goin' down a back campus lane 1 mile-per-hour too fast on a motor scooter or some damn thing...Ain't that way in Tuscaloosa. Sorta like blockin' out your own teammate--oh, waitaminute...

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
All I ask for is that the Gainesville PD and the Alachua Sheriff's Department lighten up on things like bothering a police dog, scooter incidents, and minor possession of marijuana. For crying out loud, there is nothing else to do in Gainesville! Do you ever wonder why very few Florida graduates remain in Gainesville? They would rather live in a bigger city where a 6-foot tall, 250-pound, black man can walk the streets after dark without being harassed! [Yes, I pulled the race card, but it also applies to white folks.]

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
All I ask for is that the Gainesville PD and the Alachua Sheriff's Department lighten up on things like bothering a police dog, scooter incidents, and minor possession of marijuana. For crying out loud, there is nothing else to do in Gainesville! Do you ever wonder why very few Florida graduates remain in Gainesville? They would rather live in a bigger city where a 6-foot tall, 250-pound, black man can walk the streets after dark without being harassed! [Yes, I pulled the race card, but it also applies to white folks.]
Look, I kid around--but my attitude is based on some serious stuff. The above are good egs of what I'm referring to,--and this ISN'T "minor", not just because it all adds up (in terms of image, the "feeling" around a campus, and its accumulated impact on the program), but because, when you see this kind of outright "petty harassment", invariably it's just the tip-of-the-iceberg.
I accept that there'll be a lot of good and decent folks who will disagree with me (for whatever reasons, on whatever grounds--from ideological to personal/familial ones), but I want to be clear about this: a badge and gun does NOT confer any special wisdom, nor does it insure that the bearer doesn't bring all the same flaws and foibles to his or her attitudes and activities as any other human being--indeed, it makes those all the more dangerous and destructive. Among all the other observations, experiences and cautionary tales that exacerbate my natural mistrust of anyone who WANTS that sort of power-over-his-fellow-citizens in the first place, I happen to be sick and tired to having OUR University Police Dept. as one more adversary/impediment to our growth and success as a program, while meanwhile most of the other SEC schools are at the very least treated more friendly/fairly--and/or in certain cases (Alabama comes to mind) are, if anything, in every way possible AIDED in the hiding of and smoothing over of players' "pecadillos". Like it or not, WE could use a little more of that...At least lighten UP, guys! I'm not in favor of the kind of ("boys will be boys" in the face of possible anti-gender crimes like we may have seen at FSU, but goin' outta your way to find, stop, and "throw the book at" what are STILL just "kids on campus, goin' a bit loose/crazy/stupid" at times. I was sent home by a UF cop(s) on more than one occasion while I was there, but I KNEW I was outtaline, knew that they were being fair, firm but not hostile, when one of 'em finally said something--and I never went to jail, or even was issued any kind of "citation", like I KNOW I'd probably have had a STRING of (me and all my friends!) if I were attending today...and again, it's WORSE for the players.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
You take that back! I feel 1000% more wise and less flawed when I put on a badge and a gun!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema