• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Muschamp tries to clear up controversy surrounding Jeff Driskel

travisduncan

Gator Fan
uspw_6186244.jpg

April 7, 2012; Gainesville FL, USA; Florida Gators quarterback Jeff Driskel (6) rolls out during the first half of the Florida-Spring Game at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium. Credit: Phil Sears-US PRESSWIRE

By Travis Duncan
GatorEnvy writer

The season officially kicks off in 16 days and we'll be ramping up our coverage of the Gators here at GatorEnvy-stay tuned we will have a ton of great content and conversation about the 2012 Gators.

There is never a shortage of interesting topics regarding the Gators.

To start with, sophomore quarterback Jeff Driskel's shoulder injury began to take on a shroud of secrecy, which seems to happen more times than not in head coach Will Muschamp's young tenure at UF.

Apparently there was some speculation regarding whether the injury was just a normal bump or bruise or something which could not only put Driskel on the sidelines for the next couple of weeks but end the position battle between he and Jacoby Brissett.

Muschamp held an emergency media session Wednesday.

His comments, posted below, transcribed by GatorZone.com indicate that Driskel is ok, but can't be hit and isn't cleared for contact. That amounts to the fact if the season began tomorrow Brissett would be the starter. He won't have contact for the rest of the week and will be reevaluated next Monday. Even then there's a possibility that Driskel could be held out from contact beyond that.

Mushcamp's explanation Wednesday:

“This is a situation that Sunday night Jeff got a pop on his shoulder," Muschamp said.

"It was no big deal, thought it was a bruise. We all get bruised when you are in camp and you play football. Iced it Sunday night, it was no big deal. Came in Monday morning, iced it. We had walk-throughs Monday, we had meetings Monday. He came and said, ‘You know, my shoulder is still kind of sore. We may need to take a look at it.’

The coach continued, "And the doctors looked at this and he’s got a contusion of the scapula. He’s going to practice today. He’s out of contact for a week. Period. End of sentence. I don’t know what else to say. I don’t know how some of these things get caught like wildfire. That’s it. Jeff even looked at me and said, ‘Coach, I had to go back and look at the film to see when I might have hurt it.’ He doesn’t even know."

So Driskel has a shoulder injury which will probably heel-it's just a matter of how long that takes.

In the meantime, he dons the red jersey while fellow sophomore Jacoby Brissett will take the hits as the two compete for the starting QB job.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yeah--and I've got some junk bonds I'm willing to unload at a killer discount--cash-flow problems, ya know?

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema