• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

LSU vs. Florida Under the Lights

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The 5-0 No. 12 LSU Tigers come to The Swamp on Saturday night at 7:30 to face the 4-1 No. 14 Florida Gators. Last week, LSU squeaked by Tennessee with a last second field goal - while Florida got crushed by Alabama. This marks the 57th meeting in series history with UF holding a 30-23-3 advantage all-time. Florida is 3-2 against the Tigers under head coach Urban Meyer, including a 13-3 win at LSU last season. Saturday's game will be broadcast nationally on ESPN, the Gators need this one.

The biggest concern right now for the Gators going into Saturday night's game is the health of John Brantley. Remember, he took a big hit against Alabama late in the game. He played through it, but I think was clearly affected. Brantley though says he's fine, and ready for the game. "I'm a little sore like any other game, but nothing major, nothing that's going to stop me from doing anything," said Brantley.

If Brantley's injury becomes a concern during the game, expect Meyer to roll out a heavy dose of Trey Burton - who is more equip to run wildcat/option type of stuff. Let's just hope they abandon the jump pass!

The key for the Gators defense will be stopping LSU's rushing attacked. They're averaging almost 200 yards per game on the ground. LSU QB Jordan Jefferson is a duel threat guy and can make some plays with his feet. We'll need to stay on him, pressure him into making throws and keeping the LSU offense off the field.

I'm confident the defense will be ready to go. Despite giving up 30+ to Alabama last week, they didn't play <i>that</i> bad. "You don't have to be pumped up to play LSU at night in The Swamp," defensive lineman Duke Lemmens said. "It's another SEC game and we have a chance to either go downhill or uphill with that game, and we're going to do our best to go up."

Florida is favored by 6.5 in the game - I think the Gators will win by closer to 10 points. Something along the lines of 31-21. What's your score prediction?

Go Gators!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema