• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Letter to Heisman voters

dvine1586

Gator Fan
I saw this and thought it was great. I think the first sentence sums it all up!:D
DJ

Link to whole article: http://sports.mobile.msn.com/en-us/articles.aspx?aid=7492196&acid=2&afid=&avid=86097&pg1=1

Dear Heisman voters,

You're thinking too hard.

I know you're unable to wrap your arms around the idea of Tim Tebow winning the Heisman. Maybe it's the sideburns. Maybe it's that he's annoyingly peppy. Maybe it's the three losses. Whatever it is, the discussion appears to still be open, and now you're thinking that Darren McFadden has been the most outstanding college football player in the United States for 2007.

Not only are you wrong, but there's no case whatsoever that can be made for McFadden over Tebow on any level. If you want to argue for Pat White or Chase Daniel on some sort of an MVP level, that's different. It's wrong when it comes to this year's Heisman race, but it's a different sort of debate.

First of all, if you're not going to vote for Tebow because he's a sophomore, then relinquish your privilege to someone smarter. We'll make sure to find something shiny to amuse you, get you a helmet, and cover all the corners in your house with foam so you don't injure yourself. You're a silly, silly person.

If you're voting for McFadden because you think he's the most talented player, then you're not voting for the Heisman for the right reason. McFadden is the better pro prospect than Tebow. So is Glenn Dorsey. So is Jake Long. It's not about who the most talented player is, it's about who the most outstanding player is in a college football season. At this point, an argument could be made that Tebow isn't just the most outstanding player in 2007, but history will remember his last 12 games among the greatest ever put together.

So how does McFadden have Tebow beat in the Heisman race this year? I'm looking for anyone to provide one cogent reason why and how No. 5 has been better than No. 15. A monster game against LSU isn't enough.

Tebow set the SEC record with 22 touchdown runs — take a second to think about all the great SEC backs Tebow has passed by — while McFadden finished with 16. Remembering he's a quarterback, Tebow has rushed for 838 yards to McFadden's 1,725. Along with one of the greatest rushing seasons in the history of college football for a quarterback, Tebow was No. 1 in the nation in passing efficiency for a while, and now is No. 2 with 3,132 yards and 29 touchdowns and just six picks. He hasn't thrown more than one interception in a game this year.

Sure, McFadden went nuts on LSU and went ballistic against South Carolina, but where was he against Auburn when he was held to 43 yards? How about the pedestrian 88 yards against Mississippi State? Seven of his 15 touchdown runs came against Florida International, North Texas and Chattanooga, and he has averaged a nice, but not unbelievable, 5.66 yards per carry. While Tebow has lost three games, McFadden has lost four.

Tebow, who has a 3.77 GPA, has been consistently terrific from Western Kentucky on through Florida State with at least one rushing and passing touchdown in every game, two or more rushing touchdowns in seven games, and two or more passing scores in ten games. He's the first player in the history of college football to run for 20 touchdowns and throw for 20 — read that again and let it sink in for a moment — and it's not like he did it in Conference USA. He had an all-timer of a season in the SEC while gutting it out through an injured shoulder and now a broken thumb ... and the race is supposedly wide open?! (Heavy sigh.)

This is nothing against McFadden. He's one of the greatest talents to ever play college football and he had a phenomenal season. This isn't an anti-Run D.M.C. debate. It's an argument to hope voters finally recognize one of the greatest performances in the history of the sport.

Stay handsome,

Fiu

dvine1586

Gator Fan
As I said, the first sentence sums it up. But here's my favorite part:

"First of all, if you're not going to vote for Tebow because he's a sophomore, then relinquish your privilege to someone smarter. We'll make sure to find something shiny to amuse you, get you a helmet, and cover all the corners in your house with foam so you don't injure yourself. You're a silly, silly person."

heh.
DJ

preachinGator

VIP Member
I, for the most part, am a simple type of person. If something is blue, I don't question what kind of blue. If a floor is wet, I don't wonder how it got wet. If the he15man goes to the most important player, who is the most important player with the best looking stats. Not just number wise, but percentages, contributions made to the team as a whole, {{{consistency}}}, and dedication to the game.

One of my posts gives links to stats and details and comparisons to the top 3 contenders. Timmy Touchdowns ranks higher in almost every category. How can that be over looked?

GatorsDiva21

Hayley Loves her gators
I'll just be glad when this is over, Tim Tebow has to be the BEST QB since Dan Marino, John Elway and I'm sure there's alot more...I'm not voting for Tim just cause, I think he deserves it no doubt, Darren Mcfadden was invited last year to new york to lose it Troy Smith, a very overrated QB think we all know that,,,Here he is again getting invited back to new york, now he wouldn't be getting invited if he wasn't haveing some type of a heisman year....But seriously, I don't think you should be comparing darren, I think you should be concerned to chase the QB for missouri, he has 1 game left to impress the voters. Darren Mcfadden will NOT win this heisman so quit comparing him to tim tebow, if anything you need to be worried about the QB for missouri. And by the way, before any of you start asking me am I a gator fan, yes I am, but I believe people should be fair, YES YES YES I want TIM to win the heisman, I think we all know he WILL!!! but for instance, what if tim doesn't win it? we all gonna pout? sure WE think he should win, crap if it was left up to us, the heisman would be renamed to the florida gator heisman LOL But keep in mind, there are such a think is someone alittle better.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema