• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leak jealous of Tebow

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Awebb that was the dumbest thing that I heard from you or anybody who agree about Chris Leak not living up to the hype. Whoever said Chris Leak never lived up to the hype is a idiot. He ranks #1 or #2 in Gators career passing records in comp % (2nd by only 0.2%), comps. (1st), passing yards
(1st), total touchdowns with 101 (2nd). I could go on and on but I won't. Besides it wasn't all Leak fault the games that were lost. The D in 2003 blew three games to LSU, Ole Miss, and FSU (keep in mind Zook was a defensive minded coach or that's what I heard) otherwise the Gators would face LSU in the SEC title game. In 2004, the refs gave Tennessee that victory, the D blows another LSU game, and Jeremy Foley fired Zook before the Georgia game (Foley should have fired Zook after the Georgia game or after the regular season). Keep in mind, Leak has won the same number of SEC titles (one) as Rex Grossman and Shane Matthews. Sorry he couldn't put up more victorys or more stats for you racist clowns (or just clowns). As for him being jealousy of Tim Tebow if that's true he's not the only one. There's probably NFL quarterbacks that wish they that Tebow's skills.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Oh yeah let's not forget Leak was 8-3 against FSU, UGA, and Tennessee and he should have been undefeated against all three teams. Oh Ingle Martin started the 2003 Tennessee game to remain y'all so it was Martin's lost.

awebbf5

VIP Member
ok leakfan u can throw some stats out here and think ur all high and mighty,but when leak was playing u could tell he didnt know what was going on half the time.It took bringing in tebow to bail him out to get us a natl champ,im not saying leak didnt help us win one because he did,but remember tebow helped just as much as he did.Our defense won us the championship whether u want to admit it or not.Leak will never be remembered as one of the best qbs to come through florida he will be remebered as a good player that helped us bring a natl champ to the swamp,and tebow will be remembered as a god to florida football.For the record i dont hate leak, i liked him but when people try to make him out to be this great qb at florida or say he brought us a natl champ it pisses me off.Defense wins championships and tebow does whatever he wants!

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Ok you're right about how the defense was the reason the defense won the championship in 2006, man I wish Smith and Nelson would have stayed one more year. By the way I'm not high and mighty anyone can get those stats in gatorzone. I know that Defense wins championships saying but some cases it's not true like the 1996 Gators, 2003 and 2004 USC Teams, among others. However I pissed off about how people considering Leak a disappointment when he put up good numbers even though he didn't have the talented receivers (the ones who were drafted in the first day of the NFL Draft most of them) like Wuerffel, Johnson, Grossman, or even what Matthews had. Leak is two in my books behind Wuerffel and just ahead of Tebow (for now). I also pissed of people criticizing Leak for small BS maybe involving race I don't know I hope you're not a racist Webb, isn't the fact he was the starting QB for a championship team enough for all of you people? Besides people in Miami consider Steve Walsh great, people in Penn State consider John Schaffer great then why not Chris Leak?

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Ok you're right about how the defense was the reason the defense won the championship in 2006, man I wish Smith and Nelson would have stayed one more year. By the way I'm not high and mighty anyone can get those stats in gatorzone. I know that Defense wins championships saying but some cases it's not true like the 1996 Gators, 2003 and 2004 USC Teams, among others. However I pissed off about how people considering Leak a disappointment when he put up good numbers even though he didn't have the talented receivers (the ones who were drafted in the first day of the NFL Draft most of them) like Wuerffel, Johnson, Grossman, or even what Matthews had. Leak is two in my books behind Wuerffel and just ahead of Tebow (for now). I also pissed of people criticizing Leak for small BS maybe involving race I don't know I hope you're not a racist Webb, isn't the fact he was the starting QB for a championship team enough for all of you people? Besides people in Miami consider Steve Walsh great, people in Penn State consider John Schaffer great then why not Chris Leak?

People who mention racism when regarding Leak make me want to smack them upside the head. Of course there are racist people out there but it is against all races, black, white, Mexican, Asian, etc. :stupid:

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I'm sure most Gator fans weren't racist (keep in mind most of us live in the south maybe). I'm sure it wasn't racist though I can't be 100% sure. Doug Johnson (who's white) also got criticism that he didn't deserve with Spurrier not adjust his gameplan to fit Johnson's strengths and Tennessee had great years in 1997 and 1998. It took me a while to figure that out. Being a Gator quarterback it can be pressure and if the team isn't playing that well whoever the quarterback is will hear it from the media and fans.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Oh I forgot that Chad Jackson was drafted in the second round in 2006 NFL Draft and he was a Chris Leak target. Though Jackson only had that one great year and he was gone. Also Caldwell could goin the first day maybe.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema