• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Leading Scorer Tonight

Leading Gator scorer tonight

• Chandler Parsons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Alex Tyus

• Adam Allen

• Dan Werner

• Jai Lucas

• Johnathan Mitchell

• Total voters

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
I just went different for the heck of it.

I could see Nick getting it. But he seems unselfish to me so I don't see him taking too many shots. So I think Speights will get it because they will be feeding him in the post early and often, especially if he gets hot like I think he will.

Spegihts: 23 points, 14 boards
Calathes: 18 points, 9 boards, 7 assists

75-65!!

GAINESVILLE, Fla. (AP) -- Freshman Nick Calathes helped Florida's rebuilding project get off to a smooth start.

Calathes scored 21 points, Walter Hodge added 15 and the two-time defending national champion Gators beat pesky North Dakota State 75-65 on Friday night to open the season.

Playing its first game in four years without Corey Brewer, Taurean Green, Al Horford and Joakim Noah, Florida got clutch shots all night from Calathes and some big ones down the stretch from Hodge and Marreese Speights.

Hodge had two driving layups in the closing minutes that prevented the Bison from making a comeback. Speights had Florida's only dunk -- a staple when Noah and Horford were leading the way -- with 47 seconds remaining to seal the victory.

Speights finished with 10 points and eight rebounds.

The Gators led 45-27 early in the second half but North Dakota State chipped away with its veteran lineup.

The Bison cut it to 69-63 with 2:27 remaining, but missed several 3-pointers in the final minutes.

Mike Nelson led North Dakota State with 17 points and six assists. Brett Winkelman added 16 points, seven rebounds and five assists. Ben Woodside also had 16 points, and Michael Tveidt chipped in 12.

Nelson, Winkelman, Woodside and Tveidt combined for 61 of the team's 65 points.

The Bison returned four starters from last season's team that finished 20-8 and won at Marquette. They also upset Wisconsin two years ago.

Florida coach Billy Donovan expected his young and inexperienced team to struggle, especially early, but the Gators used an up-tempo offense and a pressing defense to take an early lead.

The Gators were up 39-25 at halftime, thanks mostly to Calathes' 10 points. He made three of the team's first four shots after the break and helped Florida build the big lead. He came up big again later, driving the lane and hitting consecutive baskets to turn an eight-point game into a double-digit lead.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Nick Calathes was the leading scorer.

Calathes: 21 points, 1 rebound, 3 assists, 2 steals in 33 minutes
Lucas: 8 points, 4 rebounds, 4 assists, 1 steal in 32 minutes
Werner: 4 points, 7 rebounds, 2 assists, 2 steals and 1 block in 31 minutes
Hodge: 15 points, 4 rebounds, 3 assists, 2 steals in 35 minutes
Speights: 10 points, 8 rebounds, 1 steal and 1 block in 17 minutes
Tyus: 4 points, 1 rebound in 17 minutes
Parsons: 6 points, 3 rebounds, 1 steal in 19 minutes
Mitchell: 1 block in 4 minutes
Allen: 7 points in 13 minutes