• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Items of interest from UF football’s media guide

News Bot

News Bot
All those Florida season tickets holders eagerly awaiting the arrival of the 2011 Gator media guide in the mail can forget about it. Per NCAA legislation, schools are no longer allowed to print media guides.
The printed version is not coming out, but the guide is on now — as in online.
The 2011 UF media guide was recently posted on Gatorzone.com/football, so log on and check it out.
Here are some things that sort of jumped out at me as I scanned the guide:
*Some significant players have changed numbers. Running back Chris Rainey has gone from No. 3 to No. 1, defensive tackle Dominique Easley is wearing No. 2 instead of No. 58, defensive tackle Sharrif Floyd has switched from No. 73 to No. 4 and linebacker Jelani Jenkins will be No. 3 after being No. 43 last season.
*Some players have gained significant weight. Redshirt freshman tailback Mack Brown, who was listed as 190 pounds when he signed, is now weighing in at 205. Others who have gained weight include offensive tackle Xavier Nixon, who was down to probably less than 260 in the spring. He’s now listed at 295. Another offensive tackle who has been considered somewhat undersized, Matt Patchan, is listed at 295. Others who have gained are defensive end Lerentee McCray (252), offensive guard Ian Silberman (300) and linebacker Gideon Ajagbe (230).
*Sophomore linebacker Neiron Ball is listed on the roster and has a bio in the guide. I don’t know if that means he’ll be ready to play this season or not (UF officials have not said either way yet). But I would say that’s a good sign for his future prospects after a blood vessel burst in his brain this past winter, putting his career in jeopardy.
*Fans always seem to want to know what numbers the true freshmen will be wearing, so here you go:
5 – Marcus Roberson
15 – Loucheiz Purifoy
16 – Jeff Driskel
17 – Jacoby Brissett
20 – Valdez Showers
21 – Jabari Gorman
26 – De’Ante Saunders
33 – Chris Johnson
41 – Hunter Joyer
44 – Kyle Christie
55 – Graham Stewart (who is listed at only 216 pounds, by the way)
63 – Trip Thurman
65 – Tommy Jordan
80 – Ja’Juan Story
81 – A.C. Leonard
86 – Clay Burton
97 – Tevin Westbrook

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Staff online

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members