• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Is the offense clicking?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Tim Tebow only throws for 90+ yards in a game where the Gators score 30? Do you think the offense is clicking, or maybe Meyer holding it back? The play calling seems to suggest a new offensive scheme with a lot of ball control type plays. I mean did we go down field at all against UT?

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I think Meyer is holding back. I'm surprised I have seen more deep routes and WR sweep/reverse type of plays, but I'm sure we'll see them against LSU.

Remember, teams are averaging 10% fewer offensive plays on offense, so that needs to be factored in.

gatorsare#1

VIP Member
We have to be holding some of the offense back. I think that before the game UF was planning on opening it up, but we got the lead so quickly against the vols that there was no reason to open up the playbook. We had a short field nearly the whole game and it was 17-0 after the 1st quarter.

wpl1009

Gator Fan
It seems like our influx of talented running backs, has caused us to change our offensive scheme completely. I like that we're able to run the ball more effectively, but against defense's like LSU, we're going to have to pass a little more. Personally I was expecting another big game from Louis Murphy like last year's.:gator:

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Well NCAA for dumb reason decided to change the clock rules once again to anger the fans also didn't UT have long drives against the D (three or four).

sbq80

VIP Member
The offense is boring, Meyers scheme is boring. It may win games (but how can you not with all the athletes UF has)

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
Well NCAA for dumb reason decided to change the clock rules once again to anger the fans also didn't UT have long drives against the D (three or four).

Exactly.

Even though the days of the Fun-n-Gun are long gone, at least we're productive for the most part and getting points on the board. Eve nthough Tebow didn't put up impressive passing numbers against Tennessee, we did move the ball and didn't commit any turnovers. One thing that does need to be addressed in practice is the east-to-west movement that I saw from some of our players which isn't effective at all.

The offense is boring, Meyers scheme is boring. It may win games (but how can you not with all the athletes UF has)

I'd rather see Meyer's offense than that foolhardy Ron Zook shotgun-draw-and-bubble-screen crap. When all is said and done, it's a "W" that counts.

shandsgator8

VIP Member
I miss the Fun N Gun offense.

But I still enjoy these wins. I can't wait until the Ole Miss game...I'm hoping we can air it out and run some 70 yard touchdowns in under 8 seconds.

GatorGuy8

VIP Member
Meyer hasn't shown much of the offense because there has been no need to. We have been up comfortably in every game. I'm not worried in the least about this offense.

gators_2006

Gator Fan
If you notice, the teams we play are constantly dropping 4 men deep on us to stop the long ball, you know, trying to keep the game in front of them. That helps open up the run game and the short pass. Leaves pretty big holes right of the line. As long as we are winning and don't need to go long, the new time rules actually helps team control the clock more. Kind of like, why go long and have the drive over in three plays and 1 minute, when you can drive hard in 12 plays, score, and use 6-8 minutes. If and when needed, the plays are there. Why show people what you have when there is no need.

O-town Gator

Gator Fan
If you notice, the teams we play are constantly dropping 4 men deep on us to stop the long ball, you know, trying to keep the game in front of them. That helps open up the run game and the short pass. Leaves pretty big holes right of the line. As long as we are winning and don't need to go long, the new time rules actually helps team control the clock more. Kind of like, why go long and have the drive over in three plays and 1 minute, when you can drive hard in 12 plays, score, and use 6-8 minutes. If and when needed, the plays are there. Why show people what you have when there is no need.

I watched a rerun of the game on CBS College Sports last night, and I agree with you. Even though Tebow's passing stats weren't huge, he did make some decent plays which resulted in keeping drives alive or getting points on the board. Had carl Moore been able to hold onto and bring in that one pass and Riley Cooper not missed his assignment early in the first quarter Tebow would have padded his stats a little more.

Coach Meyer doesn't like these new clock rules at all, but he did demonstrate good clock management throughout the game which was another factor in our win.

MahxFahn

Gator Fan
1 facet of the Offenseive production

I don't think it's boring or unproductive
We have 14 touchdowns this season, nine were scored by players that are among the fastest 12 on the team.
=======================================
UF has a dozen players who have clocked a 40-time of 4.4 or less (seven on offense, five on defense).
Three of the seven players on offense rank inside the top five in rushing and four rank inside the top five in all purpose yard leaders for the Gators. In addition, five rank inside the top seven leaders on the team in receptions.
+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
I think om will allow UrbanBall to develop a little more towards the final goal........WIN!

Members online

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema