• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I say Fire Muschamp now

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
The good thing is that we do not get a vote. Muschamp is probably going to be fired in December.

Escambia94

I think it the official firing notice will occur in December. I think Muschamp has already been told by his boss that he is pretty much done, if not in words then in nonverbal cues.

Muschamp refused to talk with a top prospect today. That is not a wise move for a coach that plans on coming back next year, or a coach that thinks he will be back but is having a bad day after a loss.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I think it the official firing notice will occur in December. I think Muschamp has already been told by his boss that he is pretty much done, if not in words then in nonverbal cues.

Muschamp refused to talk with a top prospect today. That is not a wise move for a coach that plans on coming back next year, or a coach that thinks he will be back but is having a bad day after a loss.
Don't look now, E-, but "way of doing things" or not, that last part about not talking to a top prospect is EXACTLY why, or at least one large PART of why, you consider getting rid of Muschamp NOW--ANY coach late in the season once HE knows he's likely gone. I don't think I have to elaborate--but we're already on our own now as far as the future of this team and program anyway...Do we really HAVE to follow some unofficial "protocol", rather than begin to look to that future and begin to improve our outlook, at the very least secure what we CAN for the next guy in what is already looking like a VERY weak class so far, just because "it LOOKS better" to folks who won't have to personally live with the consequences of NOT doing so in any event? I'll need to hear better reasons than "that's just not the way it's done" before going along with ANYTHING that continues to weaken us. Not saying such reasons don't exist, but I haven't heard or seen 'em so far. "Logic would seem to indicate..." or "all signs point to..." aren't the same as just telling him, and then the world, that he won't be coming back (and anyway we've been there already once or twice the past month or so, and then were told otherwise with a coupla not THAT impressive wins). SOMEONE needs to be working on certain things, moving in at least the general direction of at least being READY to help "the next guy" maximize what time, access and resources he WILL have to get that going as soon and as well as he can, once whomever he turns out to be GETS here, even if, ESPECIALLY if that isn't 'til the end of the actual season.
(And anyway, Foley himself should KNOW better--he treated Meyer with MAXIMUM appreciation and respect, above and beyond all "code of honor and principle" rules-of-behavior, while the man lied to and manipulated him and everyone in the program and ultimately left us all hanging and well-screwed. Took what he could with him as he went, too, once "busted", and would have hit us harder if he could. Don't believe Muschamp's the same animal, or that he has the same prospects even if he was or COULD somehow do the same or something like it, but point is, when push comes to shove, there really ARE no "rules" beyond the ones you can actually be sanctioned for--the rest is a "gray area" in a hard world.)

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
...Oh, and another thing that occurs to me I gotta note here before (finally) crawling back to that nice, warm, uh, bed:
That was more than a "thin margin" that was crossed yesterday, btw...That may be how one would have described and analyzed the consequences of a close, well-fought loss-produced sudden-plunge in former-patience, but what we saw out there just at the end, that last few minutes of the game etc., was a lot more, a lot WORSE than that, as I know YOU know already. While it may or may NOT be true that Muschamp was already at the "win-out or you're gone"-point before then, that was a near-historical kind of late-meltdown, a really sorry display of just a whole HOST of coaching problems and failures. I may be wrong, but that will echo for a while, making it hard for even Foley to conveniently "let it go", even if we were to beat FSU and somehow get the media yapping THEIR ill-considered and self-serving blather once more. On the other hand, I could be wrong on that last point--I've been wrong before when it comes to our AD. Gotta just hope either he really has had it this time (Muschamp as far as his future here, and/or Foley with making excuses for/excusing him)--or at least there won't be the "cover" there to hide behind after this, regardless of anything else that might happen from here on out.

Escambia94

As much as I want to fire Muschamp now, we gain nothing in doing so. There is no recruiting class to save. There is no confidence that Roper as interim head coach has what it takes to spoil FSU's momentum. There is no super coach hiding around the corner. There is not enough talent on this team that a firing of Muschamp will inspire better performance on the field. We are equally hopeless if we keep Muschamp until December or fire him right now as he crawls out of bed Sunday morning.

Is Muschamp a terrible coach? I just saw this on Twitter. He would be 8-2 right now if it were not for three things:
B2i03G4CEAA5fKK.jpg

The Idaho thunderstorm dropped one loss. Tevin Westbrook and Clay Burton blowing a blocking assignment led to the blocked punt and SC loss. Tevin Westbrook dropping an easy pass led to the LSU loss. Muschamp does not control any of these.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema