• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

I hope the game has good refs

Leakfan12

VIP Member
Unlike last year where there were calls that went for the leghumpers. Including that incomplete pass that those idiots were a fumble on the opening drive that led to a UGA touchdown and anybody that still thinks Driskel fumbled, cheer for the leghumpers. Also some other calls like that so-called late hit that set up another UGA TD. Hey, I'm not blaming to game completely on the refs (I admit the Gators made mistake) but I hope the SEC officials call a better game.

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
If the offense would have gotten out of its own way, the referees would not have as much an impact on the game.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
That's true with Driskel should have threw the ball away in the red zone instead trying to make a play causing an interception and Jordan Reed's fumble while he was trying to get a TD cost them 10 points at least.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Just woke up at interception and have witnessed EVERYTHING wrong with our team, specifically of course the offense in the last few minutes--the hand-'em-a-score interception, then our defender practically PUSHING the runner into the endzone...The one long pass that DIDN't score (and when he got cornered at the 10, Dunbar's own fault when he didn't cut back early enough)--ANOTHER LONG TD by UGA...this one is getting ugly FAST--I KNEW they wouldn't score from the 10--and they managed the typical fold-up-and-screw-the-pooch sequence with lame play selection leading to one more HORRIBLE PF on 2nd down, and finally capped by the kicker missing the 3. Of course the subsequent blown read, execution and coverage allowing them to make "our" once-vaunted D (I may begin calling it "Muschamp's Defense" and "Pease's offense", laying the respective responsibilities, good or bad, where they deserve to be) look just incompetent and silly--or to put it another way, "look like the OFFENSE".
It seems that in every series, one in 3 or so plays on EITHER side of the ball, these Gators do something, selfish, stupid, inept, and/or the Coaches get it wrong somehow. Once AGAIN, we have taken another step backwards from one game to the next, even with a BYE week!
The worst of it is that at THIS point, "it" (our total now-steadily accelerating decline) has more and more become a seemingly inevitable part of this teams "personality"--You can see we're not a less-talented team than Georgia, we both have ongoing problems that are comparable in number and severity, but we're now likely gonna get killed here today. What is sickening on display is that we are now "losers", and that begins and ends with the coaching staff.
Guys, I cannot watch this developing debacle...BUT:
Before I bow out here, I am now ready to predict the likely firing of Will Muschamp at the end of THIS season.
Not certain it's a good idea in terms of what's behind and what's likely ahead and how long and far it will put us back compared to keeping him here--and certainly there are questions of whether it is even deserved, all things considered, but this full-on, across thew board decay-of-hope, accountability AND wholesale devolution in EVERY area, every nook and cranny of every aspect of not just the product on the field but everywhere you look for signs of hope and instead see cross-program failure, well, the now seemingly likely "losing season", once a reality, will also likely seal-the-deal for this staff. Whereas he COULD have I think helped the teaqm AND his own cause by pulling the trigger and getting rid of Pease to begin building towards 2014, where our eventual record might not have been given so much stress or concern as long as there was steady, clear improvement--again, not just on-field but throughout every aspect of preparation and attitude, a feeling of hope and impression of improvement, all the reverse of what has indeed been the "downward spiral reality that got them here and continues to worsen, all would have likely meant a whole different picture of "where we are and where we're going". Here we are instead, helping a team as beat up as we are to begin to run up a big lopsided shutout on our asses.
No, I'm gonna predict it without qualification, or any "if"s or "unless"s: I now believe he'll be gone, the attitude in the "backrooms at Gator Central" being that "only radical surgery to remove the diseased portions that have inundated whole portions of every area of this team will give the program the opportunity to eventually heal, grow and return to prominence", or some such self-important rhetoric that Foley will be charged with mouthing in public for the media--and if HE doesn't take the LEAD in that process and public "ownership" of this "clear and inevitable need for such a change", this time it'll be HIS ass too.
This is NOT an angry reaction to a game, or even a couple or FEW of the latest games, but as I say the spreading and deepening of problems that have been developing but were nonetheless ignored, except as the losses began, then began to pile up, a parallel mix of denial and excuses, rather than efforts to admit mistakes and make changes doomed first the season, now leaves the Coach and staff responsible exposed and with little defense themselves:
I happen to still think that finding "the right young OC", and Muschamp getting out of his way even as he rolls up his sleeves and were to preside over a very doable revamp/return of great defense by NEXT season might together have us BACK that soon--but only if the REST of our problems were to be somehow dealt with--but they are still revealing themselves even as they deepen while being denied, ignored and/or balmed on injuries that themselves may be the result of failures in conditioning, etc., and happen to other teams with out full-on team-wide collapse. Hell, it's been happening to UGA parallel to our own, but in "mirror-image"mostly on DEfense instead--and the scoreboard itself, not to mention any 2 or three minutes or 5 or 6 plays objectively observed and analyzed here today.
It is so extreme, so clear, deepening and impossible to ignore that if FOLEY were to hesitate on firing Muschamp the way the Coach has hesitated and stubbornly tied his OWN fate to that of an OC who just hasn't gotten it done, Foley TOO could well find himself fired as well. The only question to me in the whole mess now is how extensive "The Post-Season Massacre in Gatorland" will eventually be. Rule of thumb: The longer it is postponed, the bigger (as in "more extensive and thorough") it will be.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
The above is both my "Eulogy" for the team, season and regime that "got us here", AND my "Opening Salvo" for whatever comes next. (Geez, where's my REMOTE...I've got stuff in my Digital DVD that I haven't gotten to in months, so great is my interest in them, that'll make better "background cover-noise" for me to sleep-by than THIS...)

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema