• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

How does that taste Elway, D. Thomas of GA Tech, and Manning?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Guys miss Tebow? Probably not but he had a better day than you guys and the rest of your team.
Right ON, LF--I never WAS a Denver fan 'cause I didn't like Elway--but that all took on MUCH greater passion and depth with his jealous and vindictive axe-to-grind mistreatment and continued behind-the-scenes bad-mouthing of TT. What you articulate here is exactly what I and a lot of other Gators were thinking as this one "got away" from first-play-from-scrimmage on (OR, as my non-religious but still-a-Gator ex-wife--whom I MET when she was an exchange-student from Germany while at UF--put it in an email from her home overseas mid-game, "Look what GOD did, Elway, you arrogant twerp!").

(BTW--How great would it have been, maybe one day still might BE, to have had TT himself be among those "driving in" the killing nails?!! At least we had Percy there to spark things. Of course, hearing Seahawk fans saying things today (Monday) like "Can you imagine how good we might have been with Harvin healthy all season?!!" only made me laugh sardonically: How many times have we all heard, thought, even said the exact same thing ourselves during his time at UF? I mean, it's part of his "thing", at this point, right? Where does anyone think those "fresh legs" came from, anyway? If you're lucky, you get him back for your "big game", and he runs wild! Expecting anything else is futile, a kind of football-version of "vaporware". Still, it was a nice Gator-touch, appropriate here of all situations more than others...)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
I am glad that NFL fans were able to see three things that Gator fans knew all along:
  1. Tim Tebow has "it". Love him or hate him, you will be talking about him.
  2. Percy Harvin is lightning in a bottle, but that bottle is fragile. Gator fans knew he would either score an electric touchdown or get hurt.
  3. Dan Quinn is a great defensive coach.

Leakfan12

VIP Member
I am glad that NFL fans were able to see three things that Gator fans knew all along:
  1. Tim Tebow has "it". Love him or hate him, you will be talking about him.
  2. Percy Harvin is lightning in a bottle, but that bottle is fragile. Gator fans knew he would either score an electric touchdown or get hurt.
  3. Dan Quinn is a great defensive coach.

Also number four being Peyton chokes in the big games (with the expection of 2006).

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema