• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Hope they don't take Norfolk St lightly

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Otherwise they'll be going home like Duke and Mizzou.
Still--this DOES open the door to a trip to the Sweet 16 for us, something that didn't seem likely when this seeding and bracket first released, apparently insuring a 2nd-round meeting with Missouri, who seemed forbiddingly stronger and ready to cruise on to the next level. Of course, "any team that could beat THEM", and all that--but let's be real: While rare, this sort of thing can happen in The Big Dance, but a #15 running on through EVERYONE in their path is something else again, and therefore considerably rarer still...As long as our team continues to play hard, take NOTHING for granted and continue to regain the poise they showed earlier in the season before Yeguette went down (and filling that void is STILL a game-by-game challenge and concern), we have a LOT better shot at moving past Norfolk State than Mizzou. The Tigers didn't come CLOSE to playing their best; Norfolk State DID, but whether they can do it twice in a row or NOT, OUR "best" can still beat theirs--and it is up to Donovan and Co. to get this done.
Spring Football is here, boys. If you want some more "time in the spotlight", y'all need to go out and TAKE IT!!!

totenkopf13

Gator Fan
I wonder what Barkley has to say now. That toolbag said Mizzou was a much better team than FL. Maybe so, on paper, but the Gators are taking care of business tonight & Mizzou is back home studying for mid terms.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I wonder what Barkley has to say now. That toolbag said Mizzou was a much better team than FL. Maybe so, on paper, but the Gators are taking care of business tonight & Mizzou is back home studying for mid terms.
Well, the guy's "comic relief", really, isn't he? You could make a living just betting AGAINST all his picks!
Meanwhile: Well, well, well, whaddaya know? Not only "Sweet Sixteen"-bound, but doing it in STYLE, with blow-out wins featuring the best defense in the tournament so far (and that's statistically true, NOT just an admittedly-biased observation on my part). Well, I wouldn't mind BOTH our major programs getting the rep for playing killer-"D" at the highest level, right?

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
To be fair, the Gators under performed at the end of the season and should not have been seeded so low that they can blow out two teams in succession. The next game against Marquette will show us how good this team should have been in at the end of the regular season and in the SEC tournament...not that it really matters. They are in the Sweet 16, & that was Billy Donovan's goal.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
To be fair, the Gators under performed at the end of the season and should not have been seeded so low that they can blow out two teams in succession. The next game against Marquette will show us how good this team should have been in at the end of the regular season and in the SEC tournament...not that it really matters. They are in the Sweet 16, & that was Billy Donovan's goal.
Funny how things work out sometimes--"strange" funny, in this case.
(Hey E-, don't know how you feel about "the Boss", but I saw him live Fri. night at Moody Theatre at a special "unannounced" ACL-Live taping downtown--and it was amazing...I guess they'll show it--at least part of it: it went on over 3 HOURS!--on Austin City Limits sometime in the near future, if you're into that sort of thing.)

Escambia94

Aerospace Cubicle Engineer (ACE)
Funny how things work out sometimes--"strange" funny, in this case.
(Hey E-, don't know how you feel about "the Boss", but I saw him live Fri. night at Moody Theatre at a special "unannounced" ACL-Live taping downtown--and it was amazing...I guess they'll show it--at least part of it: it went on over 3 HOURS!--on Austin City Limits sometime in the near future, if you're into that sort of thing.)

The Boss and Bon Jovi are the only two things worth talking about out of New Jersey. Heck yeah!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema