• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Has Florida-Kentucky cooled off?

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Do you think the Florida-Kentucky rivalry has cooled off a bit in recent years since Florida has won the last 4 in a row? Or do you think that's what makes a good rivalry. There was a point when Kentucky dominated us for years on end. I remember when we beat them in like 2004 and Matt Walsh was going crazy on the court. That was the mark of the changing of the guard in the SEC.

BUt how do you feel about the rivalry today? Is it just as strong as it was a few years ago?

PhD Gator

Super Moderator
I have a feeling that the 4 game win streak by us just make the rivalry more intense on their side. The way I see it, a win streak by one team lessen the feeling of the rivalry on their side but intensifies it on the other side. As long as things are about even, the rivalry stays strong on both sides. It's just like for a lot of Gator fans who have really only known Florida owning Georgia in football. There is no reason for them to have an extreme hatred for Georgia because they've hardly ever seen us lose to them. However, you know every Georgia fan HATES us right now because we crush their season every year in Jacksonville. With only a 4 game win streak over Kentucky, they definitely still feel like a pretty big rival and IF they were to beat us 1 or more games this year, that strong feeling of rivalry would be right back. Just my opinion.

Swampman

VIP Member
I think a good rivalry is when the teams go back and forth. A good rivalry is not when one team owns another. It needs to be fierce hatred on both sides of the ball. And when it comes to basketball, I think Kentucky is our perfect rival. We might have been winning the last 2 years, but they won the last 4 before that.

If we can keep going back and forth, then we can keep this rivalry strong.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema