• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators Won't Advance to CWS

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
Despite hosting a Super Regional in Gainesville, Florida, the Gator baseball team will not advance to the College World Series. Their disappointing end to the season came on Sunday when Southern Miss scored three runs in the eighth inning to give them a 7-6 lead. The Gators could not rally in the bottom of the eighth or the ninth inning. The Gators lost the series 0-2 and their season ended.

"First, I want to congratulate Southern Miss," head coach Kevin O'Sullivan said. "They played really, really well. All year long we have played teams who have made mistakes and kicked the ball around a little bit, but they play great defense. Their bullpen again did a heck of a job. We had a solid game plan going against their starter, but once again their bullpen put up six-straight zeroes on the scoreboard. We just couldn’t quite distance ourselves enough from them. If you had told me going into the day that we had a two-run lead with six outs to play and a rested Billy Bullock on the mound, I would have felt pretty good about it. But, you have to tip your caps to them."

Preston Tucker played well for the Gators again. He was 2-for-2, with three walks and provided the Gators with a quick 1-0 lead in the top of the first with his team-leading 15th homer. With two down, the slugger launched a 2-1 pitch that cleared the right field fence and caromed off a light tower to increase his school-record RBI total to 85. Brandon MacArthur, who is leaving UF after this season, also added a homerun in the middle innings.

"Never once will I think that I made the wrong decision by coming back. I wanted to come back because of Coach O'Sullivan. I have a great relationship with him and all of the coaching staff. This has been a great season and it’s a tough way to go out but I've had so much fun. My six years here as a Gator have been unbelievable. I will always be a Gator and support this team 100 percent."

It's sad to see the Gator baseball team fail to make the College World Series. They would have been a long shot to win it, but still would have come in with a fighting chance.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema