• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators will keep same system under new offensive coordinator

travisduncan

Gator Fan
mushcamp.jpg

October 2011: Florida fans in Georgia Bulldogs 24-20 victory over the Florida Gators at Everbank Field in Jacksonville,FL.ICON SMI

Will Muschamp is sticking to his guns and won't hire a new offensive coordinator until after the Gator Bowl Jan. 2, according to his latest comments on the matter Monday.

"I’m taking my time," said Muschamp. "I have talked to a lot of different people, and continue to do so to find the best fit for the University of Florida. I will make that decision after the bowl game."

Muschamp did reveal one nugget-he expects the new offensive coordinator to run the same offense which the team ran this year under Charlie Weis.

How the transference between Weis who is now in Lawrence, Kansas to the new offensive coordinator was not expanded upon in detail by Muschamp-but hopefully Charlie left a few binders around the football offices in Gainesville.

Muschamp said Monday, "You’re looking for the right fit. We’re not going to come in here and change what we’re doing. I don’t think that it’s smart to hire a guy and have 40 guys learn, as
opposed to one guy learning. Obviously, will he tweak some things? Certainly. Will he change some things? Yes. But we’re not going to just take the playbook, throw it out the window and bring another one in. We have a young football team, and I think continuity is the most important thing at this point with our football team. Those are the parameters that I am looking for right now. You continue to talk to people, you visit them and you talk to people face-to-face – see if they are a fit. You exhaust all measures to make sure you find the right guy."

Muschamp says he has received tremendous interest regarding the position, having fielded calls to his cell phone from interested parties from all over the country.

Running backs coach Brian White will coach the Gators offensively in the Gator Bowl and Muschamp said he is a candidate for the position.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
No problem with the THEORY of "continuity"--after all, it wasn't so much the overall change to a "pro-style" offense that was necessarily flawed, but the way in which it was applied--and even more to-the-point, the way it wasn't ADAPTED or able to be flexibly modified in response to what an opponent was doing in-game that was the clearest problem this past season--and I put that on the coaching, specifically our OC.
Beyond that, we could have done with somewhat more imagination in general from Weis--we had a bland, uninspiring offense, reflected each week it seemed in an uninspired game plan; matched with the aforementioned inability to modify that vanilla-gameplan to respond to and exploit what the other team was doing to stop us yielded predictably mediocre results---I'm sure it was no more fun or satisfying to PLAY in than it was to watch.
Let's hope whomever the next OC is takes a more inspired and adventurous approach, more in keeping with the overall attitude and enthusiasm of our Head Coach--one that draws more of the best of everyone on the team.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema