• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators. No, Vols … No, Gators …

News Bot

News Bot
Who to pick? I’ve been going back and forth on this one all week. On Monday, after listening to Jim McElwain and two of his players (Quincy Wilson and Brandon Powell), I was firm in my belief that the Gators would beat the Vols on Saturday.

A day later, I started feeling a little shaky about the pick and almost switched to UT before calming down and going back with the Gators that night.

On Wednesday, with the breaking news that Treon Harris and Jalen Tabor were suspended from the game, I dumped the Gators. Hard. I changed my pick immediately, predicting the Vols would soundly beat the Gators, by 18 points.

Then I woke up Thursday morning and realized that if Will Grier stays healthy the Gators might be just fine Saturday because they’re deep enough in the secondary to get by without Tabor.

So, here I am at the end of the week feeling Florida again. Sorta. Kinda. Maybe.

The biggest reason not to go with the Gators is the potential (well, make that likely) mismatch between UT’s strong defensive front and Florida’s struggling and inexperienced offensive line. It could be a rout up front, which means the Gators will have a hard time sustaining drives and the defense will be on the field, under the hot sun, for way too long.

OK, so after writing that, I’m leaning to Tennessee again. Sorta. Kinda. Maybe.

As you can see, it’s not hard to get a feel for this game, it’s just hard to stick with it.

So, when in doubt (and there’s plenty of that), go with the home team and stop thinking about it. That’s what I’m doing.

Prediction: Florida 18, Tennessee 17

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Great. Another game where, at this point, ANY kind of WIN will be more than acceptable, to either team and its fans. That was the Gator reality coming INTO this season, let's face it. In Tennessee's case, it clearly SHOULDA been, never mind the usual bullshit "media assessment".
I'd say none of the above is particularly surprising. Can't wait 'til Mac gets to send HIS sort of team out there, the kind of team he intends to gather and coach to his style and standard. Really--I don't know if I can wait: Lotta pain and frustration between here and there--and way too much TIME. Probably a coupla years, lets face it.
Meanwhile, based on what we've seen so far (on and OFF the field) I'll take somethin' like a 1pt win in a game like this one. Have NO idea if we'll manage it. But yeah, I'll take it, maybe even feel good about it, however ugly. Best we can hope for, I think, at the moment.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema