• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators had plans for Powell

News Bot

News Bot
Buck defensive end/linebacker Ronald Powell’s recovery from ACL surgery was going so good through the summer and preseason camp that the coaches were figuring ways to use him in the coming weeks, maybe as early as the middle of October.
But recent swelling in his surgically repaired knee made the defensive coaches scrap the plan. Powell now is expected to miss the season and redshirt, meaning he will be a junior in 2013.
“That was a setback,” defensive coordinator Dan Quinn said Wednesday. “It was something we were doing as we were getting closer and closer and closer. Certainly, that was going to be part of the plan. That’s certainly on hold, and he’ll take the redshirt and come back.”
Quinn revealed that the target date for Powell’s return was sometime in October before he re-injured the knee.
“Yeah, generally with the ACL, you kind of think about a five-month window, give or take some, however the rehab is going and stuff like that,” Quinn said. “That would have put him into that neighborhood, so we were getting closer to that.”
Quinn said he expects Powell to rebound from the latest setback in a big way.
“What a strong attitude Ronald Powell has,” he said. “I’ve been very, very impressed by him. I think I’ve told you that before, just in terms of his attitude and the leadership that he has shown.
“It’s certainly a step back for him, but I have no doubt in my mind — none — that he will be back and stronger than ever.”

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema