• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators Get Romped by UCLA

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
The Florida Gators didn't fare so well in their opening matchup against the UCLA Bruins on Saturday night. UCLA starting pitcher Trevor Bauer struck out 11 Gators in seven innings and set the UCLA season record on his way to an 11-3 win. The Gators were constantly giving up 1-3 runs every inning and just couldn't produce any of their own. The Gators were out hit 18 to 6 - I don't know what happened to our bats that night. Thankfully the CWS is double elimination. The Florida Gators will play the Florida State Seminoles on Monday afternoon in an elimination game.

There was a bright spot from the UCLA game though. Center fielder Matt den Dekker, chased Brett Krill's deep fly in the top of the fourth for the defensive play of the day. Den Dekker was looking over his right shoulder, running directly at the wall, as the ball dropped over his head and into his right glove as he slid on his knees on the warning track. Some people are calling it the best play ever in CWS history.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zSZf6o7rM58">Watch the video here</a>.

"It's the best catch I've ever seen in person," Kugler (the CWS play by play analyst) said. "Major League Baseball, college baseball... best catch I've ever seen. I didn’t think he was going to get the ball, first off. Not only did he get the ball, he slides down and makes the catch. I still can't believe it."

As I mentioned above, Florida now has to play FSU in an elimination game this afternoon at 4:30. If they win this game they'll get either a rematch with UCLA or they'll play TCU.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema