• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators could/should roll

News Bot

News Bot
The elements certainly are present this week for the Gators to have a letdown Saturday. It’s only human nature to relax a little bit coming home after sweeping the SEC’s Eastern Division at South Carolina and facing a non-conference opponent that’s 2-8 ( 2-5 in Conference-USA) and you’re favored to beat by more than 30 points.

But it’s also human nature not to relax or have a letdown when so much is at stake. The Florida players have talked this week about how the Gators are now in playoff mode. If they win, they still have a chance to possibly reach the College Football Playoff. Lose, and that goal comes off the board.

So, I think the Gators are going to be focused and ready to play today. And I think they are a whole lot better than this FAU team, regardless how motivated the Owls are to show they’re capable of playing at this level and beating Florida.

Treon Harris and the UF offense should have lots of success against an FAU defense that gives up almost 430 yards a game — 243.1 through the air. If the Gators take care of the ball, they’ll control the game and the clock and keep the UF defense fresh.

Florida’s biggest concern is on the defensive line, where three players are out with injuries — tackle Joey Ivie and ends Alex McCalister and Jordan Sherit. But as long as Jon Bullard, Caleb Brantley and Bryan Cox Jr. are out there, the line will be just fine and dominante this pretty good FAU offensive front.

With all that’s at stake, I don’t think the Gators will relax today. But, with the way they play, I think their fans will be able to sit back, relax for a change and enjoy their day in The Swamp.

Prediction: Florida 38, FAU 10.

Source: GatorSports.com - Robbie's Playbook

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema