• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators at The Players

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
I love The Players. Living in Jacksonville, I have the opportunity every year to attend The Players and watch the world's best golfers complete. Usually my wife and I just follow some of the big names like Tiger, Phil and Furyk. This year it will probably be different, I think we'll spread out some and watching a lot of the younger guys and see more golf. Maybe we'll even follow a few of the Gators on the course right now. There are four former Gators playing in The Players: Camilo Villegas, Brian Gay, Mark Calcavecchia, and Chris Couch.

One Gator that is noticably not on the course is Chris DiMarco - who is currently ranked 378 in the Official World Golf Rankings. The Players is only set up for like the top 132 players in the world, so that's why Chris is not there. For a period in the early to mid 2000s DiMarco was one of the top golfers in the world. He placed 2nd in several Majors won several tournaments. Not sure what really happened to him the last year or so - maybe injuries?

Looking at the leaderboard right now, probably only Villegas and Brian Gay will make the cut and player through the weekend. It would be nice to see a Florida Gator win the TPC, but I'm not sure it will happen this year.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema