• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gators Are Headed to the NCAA Tourney

Mr2Bits

Gator Fan
After two years of play in the NIT, the Florida Gators are now headed back to the NCAA Tourney. The Gators finished the season with a 21-12 overall record, 9-7 in the SEC. Their performance in the SEC Tournament was OK - they beat Auburn, then fought back against a tough Mississippi State team even though they couldn't pull out the win. However, it was enough to give them a No. 10 seed in the West Region of the NCAA Tournament. The Gators will play No. 7 seed BYU in the first round on Thursday in Oklahoma City.

For most Gators on the team, this will be their first trip to the NCAA Tourney... I think Tyus, Werner and possibly Macklin (as a member of Georgetown) are the only three with experience.

"We're very, very excited and grateful for the opportunity," Florida coach Billy Donovan said. "I'm more excited for our players having a chance to experience this, for most of them this is something they haven't been through yet. They've worked so hard from day one, and it's great to see them rewarded."

Once the Gators beat Auburn, I thought it was a pretty good chance that they would be in. Some people were saying Miss. State was a play in game, but I didn't buy it. The Gators had 20+ wins and several very good victories over teams like Michigan State, FSU and Vanderbilt. "It was a stressful 48 hours not knowing if we were in or out," Florida junior forward Chandler Parsons said. "We're really excited to be a part of it. For most of us, it's our first experience with the NCAA Tournament. We just don't want to go and play one game, we want to prove we're deserving of being there."

First Round <a href="http://www.gatorenvy.com/go/tickets-hoops.php">Gator Tickets</a> are going for as low as $79, or as high as $1,000, a piece on <a href="http://www.gatorenvy.com/go/tickets-hoops.php">StubHub</a>. You better buy them up quickly, because they won't last.

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema