• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator QB Treon Harris charged for not having driver’s license

News Bot

News Bot
Yep, this ranks right up there with a college-aged kid being cited for consumption of alcohol. Be that as it may, new Florida head coach Jim McElwain has his first off-field “incident” with which to deal, and it just so happens to involve his starting quarterback. According to the Gainesville Sun, Treon Harris was charged…
b.gif

Source: CollegeFootballTalk.com

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Ain't this a kicker? THREE of 'em (Star QB and coupla young DBs) in that car--and once again, our Gator Attorney steps up with another of his regular, MVP-performances, assuring one and all that none of 'em were or would be hit with possession-charges for the "two small bags of pot found in car", since none of 'em were the OWNERS of said vehicle, and Treon will likely have his "Driving Without a License" charge dismissed as soon as he actually GETS a license--a pretty fair inducement for him to finally go ahead and actually get that done, however belatedly.
I don't know what I can say further that wouldn't be dripping in general sarcasm for everyone and everything involved here...so, in the spirit of Christmas I'll on this occasion try and let it pass for now, merely noting that in a likely near-vacuum of oversight and/or sense of leadership top-to-bottom (Hell, who KNOWS who's gonna be around by January? And now that "Daddy Muschamp" has moved out of the house, well, the kids are just naturally sneakin' out, no fear of consequences...), it's a natural case of "While the cat's away..."
Just hope this isn't some "beginning trickle" that hints at an eventual torrent of "Return To Bad-Gator Mountain" sequels. Be nice if McElwain DIDN'T have to come in and start right off again with some "crackdown in discipline for the sake of the program and team character", like the last time. That was necessary then, I know that--but this team (supposedly--and to my eyes, it was one of Muschamp's true successes here) has a wholly different character now, is marked much more by personal character and a sense of responsibility among its players to each other...and anyway, it'd be nice if they could all just relax a bit and get down to focussing on playing football the right way--eventually be the kind of team that goes into games loose and confident, know their jobs, understand the scheme and the wrinkles for that opponent, ready to play well, have some fun, come out with victories...and meanwhile NOT get caught weekly, someone SOMEwhere, often 2nd, 3rd times, screwing up in ways small and largish. Make it at least MOSTLY about football???
I know it's selfish as anything, but remember how great that is for US, for everyone, how much more FUN it is? Almost as much fun to watch as to play--which, as I vaguely remember, is the general idea of what everyone wants to see, and is supposed to be working towards.
Or, pick your poison, we'll all get stoned and not give a shit. Oops, there I go again...

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema