• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

GATOR - It's A Family Thing!

G8RB8R

VIP Member
My dad graduated from the UF College of Engineering, in 1950. My mom & dad lived in the old FlaVets, and at the old army air base (Gainesville Regional) before the FlaVets were built. I was born the year my dad graduated, at the old Alachua General Hospital. I returned to the University of Florida in the fall of 1968, as a freshman, and was dormed at the Murphree A dorms, right across from the stadium. In 1969, with the draft hot on my tail, I transferred to a Jr College in Orlando, but it didn't work. The draft got me, anyway! But that's another story.

My sister and her husband moved to UF, as her husband was in school for his degree in building construction. Her 1st son was also born at Alachua General. Small world! While her husband was in college, she worked as a secretary at the Law school. Her husband's sister graduated from the College of Law. Also, her husband's parents both graduated from UF same year as my dad.

In 2004, my oldest son graduated from the UF College of Engineering, BSEE. His mother-in-law also graduated from UF.

In 1973, I bought my first season tickets. I was living in Orlando at the time. In 1975, I decided to return to school to finish my education, and I enrolled at Florida Technological University, FTU (now UCF) and graduated from the College of Business in 1978. In 1980, I stupidly gave up my season tickets, due to increased job responsibilities, employment transfers and a growing family. What a mistake! When I decided I wanted to purchase season tickets once more, there was a waiting list to get on the waiting list! So much for that! But I never seem to have a problem getting tickets to the games I want to attend, so it's no big deal.

After 30 years as a management professional in the transportation industry, I have more or less retired from that field of work. I have also owned my own trucking company and a screen printing business I operated as a second job from my garage. I had a major heart attack in 2003 and decided to dump all of that and slow down. Today, I am trying to start up my own internet business working from my home office, producing & marketing custom-made DVD videos for special occassions.

Been married since 1975, 3 grown sons, one of which is doing internship at Shands Hospital in Gainesville, and the youngest, after having already served in the USAF, is now in the process of re-enlisting in the US Army. AND...now have 6 grandkids, all being raised as future GATORS!

Oh, yeah, I not only bleed Orange & Blue, I am a lifelong diehard GATOR! Only I no longer take it as seriously as I did when I was younger......that stuff will give you a heart attack! :wacko:

Ooops, almost forgot. I used to be a regular poster over at GatorCountry.com, beginning back in 1997 or 1998. Posted there under several aliases, including this one, but the type of people changed from what used to be there, and I lost interest in GC, only occaisionally post there now. So far, I have not seen any of the arrogance that GC seems to exude, and find those here to be like what GC use to be!

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema