• Welcome to Green Bay Packers NFL Football Forum & Community!
    Packer Forum is one of the largest online communities for the Green Bay Packers.

You are currently viewing our community forums as a guest user.

Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions. Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member! Furthermore, we hide most of the ads once you register as a member!

Gator Gameday: Vandy

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I just am so tired of saying the same things, week after week, season after season. Gonna try and keep it simple:
Lose to this Commodores team and I believe the public "fairness/a lot has happened beyond Coach's control/ let's not rush to judgement"-line will finally, truly begin to widely disolve among the unquestioning "faithful".
And, btw: I don't BUY the "beyond his control" party-line. Too much to go into here now (I promised to keep it simple), fact remains that these are his guys, this all happened on his watch, and we now have some idea of how SERIOUS the failures and their consequences were, are and will be, at least in the case of the two stars involved. Federal charges, thousands of dollars in fraudulent credit card use--Hell, we axed Cam far earlier for far less.
'Nuff on all that--lets take a quick look at the game. Um, we STILL got more than enough talent (including on offense!) to beat this foe today. Like a lot of you, I suspected throwing Franks out there as starter with a thin, weak, and inexperienced O-line in front of him was both physically and psychological dangerous to him, long term. Now, regardless of HOW one analyzes all that, from what we saw last week I think you put Del Rio out there to start--and, for the time being, unless he's hurt or just is royally SUCKING in practice Malik should be the back-up. Franks may well still be the future at QB (especially since that dominant, Class-of-'18 prep 5-star "in the Gator BAG!" prospect has taken "Gator Commit" off his Twitter page), but Franks needs some time and distance--not to mention PROTECTION from that porous O-line's failures. Del Rio isn't going to be a "rise up and carry the team on his back" player, but he IS an experienced "Game Manager", and with our defense wins are gonna be "CLOSE wins": They'll be gut clenchers, frustrating, and hideous to watch--but they will depend on steadiness and fewer mistakes.
The FUTURE will depend on a complete change in personnel and philosophy, on AND off the field. That will take time and change on the sideline, to start, imho. That much seems obvious to me...But in the meantime, we're here now, we are proud Gators who love our team and our school.
I've already long since faced this: No matter what, regardless of the various "big picture" politics and/or longterm ins and outs of running the PROGRAM and who's "RUNNING" it, in the end I back the TEAM.
I want to see the young men who are here and doing things the right way succeed in all their dreams--for their sakes as well as all of ours. So never mind all the rest: GO GATORS!!!
I feel so strongly because so much of our "problems" come down to selfishness of a relative few, players AND coaches. And woe be to ANYONE who screws with our best chances to see honest and trusting young men out there giving it all, on our behalf and their own hopes and dreams. Some of both absolutely must be gone--and that has to include not just the "bad penny" at WR (soon to be "the Fed Pen"), but the somewhat manipulative ("I'm proud of these guys..."--as if HE'S somehow at the core of how they pulled out two otherwise poorly prepared, poorly called close wins) Head Coach too. It's THEIR hearts, not yours, that made the difference, Coach!

awebbf5

VIP Member
Not able to watch today had to travel to West Virginia, got my gator hat on and am waiting to hear someone say thanks for Will grier. Let me know how we look? Gonna try to find it on sirius.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sigh. So they pass. And guy runs without catching it first.
They gotta get Malik going here.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Another brilliant Mac-Nuss gameplan already unfolding. We don't even TRY to be creative until the last 5 min of a close game.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
I understand if y'all aren't even watching this one. Looks already to be a putrid, stinking mess. If things don't change on offense next few min, I'll switch away myself until the 4th quarter, see where it's at.
It is humid and slippery. Easy to mistake our way into a loss if we don't take control early.
WHY CAN'T OUR COACH SEE THAT???

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
So: Del Rio getting the usual LACK-of-protection. Guess it'll have to be run run run--with a little trickery here and there? Or is even THAT too much "creativity" for this staff?

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Yes. Finally. FIRST RUSHING TD BY A GATOR RUNNING BACK SINCE MIDDLE OF LAST YEAR.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Oh oh. If they come right back here, gonna be a close game. We can't keep winning those. Vandy may be starting to feel it.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
We are sunk. This was coming, even if our Coach couldn't see it. Bad luck but bad Coaching too.
I have nothing more to say. I am switching it off. Will check back a little later--but I just CAN'T stand to watch our we return to "mess around and pray we somehow win at the end"--which amounts to Mac's gameplan EVERY week.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Sorry to bail that early--but you can SEE the obvious problems, even MORE obvious ill-planning, even outright DENIAL on part of our Head Coach--and now it all rears its head in our being beaten by a team we SHOULD be drubbing.

DRU2012

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Not watching game at moment. Only way I can stay calm, not furious with coaching, sad/depressed/pessimistic overall. Tuned back in for start of half...Del Rio gone (prob for good as college QB: Word back-channel is torn up same shoulder as surgery). Franks looked good one play on that long pass at half's end--then almost throws pick-6 very next play. That sums him UP right at this point in his development. MIGHT develope into good one, but quite easily DEVOLVE behind woeful O-line--IF he doesn't get hurt bad first! As things stand, this team is going nowhere--and looking bad doing it.
Got a name for this Mac/Nuss offense:
"Gainesville Water Torture".

Members online

No members online now.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeorgeDuema